Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
RVF is a great place to find help with an RV issue! There are many knowledgeable and experienced RVers on this forum that are willing to share what they know. Among them are the traditional "doctors, lawyers and (probably a couple of) Indian chiefs," along with mechanics, electricians, plumbers and a whole bunch more. What we do not have, however, are mind readers; not a single one! That's where the requestor's help is needed.

When posting a request for help with a RV issue of any kind, some basic information is needed. At an absolute minimum, knowing the type, make, model and year of the RV is critical. Why is knowing the RV type needed? Just having a model number (e.g. SuperLite 2655) doesn't tell potential help sources whether they are dealing with a travel trailer, motorhome or something else. And, it does make a difference. Few, if any, potential helpers on RVF know all the RV model numbers out there and can identify the type by them. Knowing the specific type/make/model/year RV involved gets everyone on the same page.

Then, if the issue involves a component of the RV (furnace, air conditioner, water heater, stove, thermostat, etc.), providing the brand and model number is very helpful. That information can usually be found on a plate attached to the component, printed on a sticker inside the case or...sometimes...in the RV owners manual. If that information is not readily available, someone on RVF can frequently help anyway; based on the specific RV information noted above.

A good description of the problem is certainly helpful too. Knowing the details of what is or isn't happening with the problem item is key to getting a good, solid and timely answer. And, detailing what, if any, diagnostic steps have been taken and/or repairs have been attempted is also very helpful. The more specific the problem and diagnostic description is, the more likely a timely answer will be found.

Finally, posting photos of the problem area can be very helpful. Most cellphones take good enough photos to show the detail needed. While someone on the forum can usually help without photos, having them certainly speeds up the process.

TJ

Last edited:
Amen. Good post. Very diplomatic. :giggle:

TJ&LadyDi, was that a response to my question? Not being smart but I am brand new and do not understand the site or how it works yet. Do I just blurt out the question in my post?

TJ&LadyDi, was that a response to my question? Not being smart but I am brand new and do not understand the site or how it works yet. Do I just blurt out the question in my post?
Oh, heavens no. That post was made four months ago and was simply an attempt to help people provide enough information with their question to allow potential responders to fully understand what is being asked. It had no personal reference to anyone. One tip: the date of a post appears at the top left side of the message.

If you have a question on any aspect of RVing, feel free to post it with as much background information as you have.

TJ

Thanks, this forum has been a saving grace. I have gotten answers that I would have had to search the internet or ask the dealer about.
Keep up the good work.

I have a 2013 Leisure Unity and I am trying to find out way the electrical outlets and the TV plug up don't work on the house batteries

I have a 2013 Leisure Unity and I am trying to find out way the electrical outlets and the TV plug up don't work on the house batteries
I think you may get better results if you post a separate thread in the Class B forum here...

Your electrical problem likely involves the inverter and/or fuses/breakers. It would help to know if this is a new problem, or whether you are a new owner of this coach and are trying to understand how things work. The inverter will have a breaker on it and it may have opened. It is also possible that a circuit breaker in your electrical panel has opened. Are other 120V circuits in the coach working?

TJ

First thing to look for is a switch marked “inverter” and be sure it is turned on.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back