Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This morning I went out to load up the grills before they bake in the sun for tomorrow's departure. I opened the basement door and was surprised it was unlocked. I typically lock the basement the night prior. Sure enough the adjacent doors were locked. I figured it's yet another bad actuator but it was actually what I've seen before which is the top part popped off, it just slides in place. The rubber boot secures it but it's torn so I may need to glue it but will monitor for now.

Moral is to test your basement door actuators just LOCK your basement doors then go around and see what is unlocked. Now do the reverse by unlocking them and make sure they all open. This will indicate a bad electric actuator.

IMG_2556.png

That’s how I found another failed actuator. Locked all and started pulling on the handles.
* Another important check on the basement doors. I had twice basement doors open while moving. Than I remembered how service persons at Newmar, before taking my coach for service from the parking lot, walked around and pulled at the bottom of each door.
Doors sometimes look locked and flush with the rest, but actually have not fully engaged the lock. I will be putting it on my check list walk around.

Latest resources

Back