Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

shug23

RVF Regular
I de-winterized my 5th wheel (Mobile Suites) and have a leak coming out of the refrigerator. I am assuming from the ice maker. I have been able to stop the leak by turning off water that goes to the sink but I see no shut off valve to simply just turn off the water going to the refrigerator...I have looked under the sink and see nothing. I'm not seeing any shut off valve by the water filter either....Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Without seeing things in person hard to say if there even is a valve. Is there any way to check behind the fridge? Can you even see the water line for the ice maker where it tees into the main water line?

Check under your kitchen sink. Sometimes there is a T-Valve coming off of the cold-water line feeding the faucet.

Hi...yes, I checked under the sink, but nothing there...Here is the weird thing,,,,. The leak stopped on its own accord...Now when I say leak, I mean almost a flood. The water was really dripping and it appears that it was coming from behind the refrigerator. There was no water either in the freezer nor in the refrigerator section. I had turned the cold water sink valve off which stopped the flow. But then I wasn't get any hot water flow coming out of the sink . I was getting hot water flow out of the bathroom sink and shower, but just a slow drip of hot water out of the kitchen sink...so I went and turned the cold water sink valve back on, which seemed to allow for the hot water flow to work AND mysteriously, no leak coming from behind the refrigerator......Now, this is all in my driveway and I don't have tremendous water pressure. I will be heading to an RV park tomorrow and will see what happens.....I

As an aside, I think I see the tube that is meant to head off to the refrigerator (but I don't see that it has a shut-off valve)

If anyone has any idea why the leak stopped and why the hot water sink flow was impacted, but now everything seems good, I'd appreciate any theories

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back