London Aire 4595 FL SL605
RV Length
Chassis
FL
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler

I called Hughes Autoformer yesterday and was asking questions on the Autoformer, the person helping me said that they had no more product to sell but I may be able to find one on Amazon or CamperWorld. I asked if they were just sold out and the answer was this product is being replaced but we wouldn’t have anything on the replacement until September. Not sure what this means but thought it was worth starting a discussion.

Isn’t the watchdog a surge protector only? Replacing the autoformer is news to me.

Two types of watchdog. One is surge only and the other, that we have, is surge plus EMS (trip on bad voltage, freq, etc)

the conversation was
I called them with questions about the AutoFormer , want to understand if there was different models as the range I was seeing online was high 300’s to high 500’s. I was told that they are not building anymore and a new productt was due out in September. I also wanted to know if they helped with over voltage, the answer was no,

Hope they keep the low voltage step up in some product. That is what I use it for.

From Hughes;

I hope you are well. Yes, there is a new unit on the horizon that will replace the discontinued autoformer. We hoped that this new unit would be available at the same time the old units were discontinued, however the replacements are taking a little longer than expected. We hope to have the new Watchdog Power Center available by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Sincerely,

Brett

That’s good news I guess. We will have to see if it’s worth it to move up. Depends on features and price.

I think after recent discussions their new unit should have a high voltage correction.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back