Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins ISL9
TOW/TOAD
2023 GMC Sierra
Fulltimer
Yes
Well I have decided to get Active Air on the coach. Seeing that it is installed in Iowa I was thinking April next year might be safe weather wise, I called to see about getting an appointment and was told they are not doing any installations due to labor issues. Jeff said they had a couple people leave and can’t find replacement employees. He said with COVID relief, people would rather get paid to stay at home.

They have a waiting list for those interested (about 20) and anticipate resuming installations in 2022. They said they would call once they are ready to resume installations.

That is a serious bummer as I really enjoy AA. I’m not surprised as Moscow Iowa is in the middle of nowhere, seriously. The labor pool for well trained workers has to be really limited. One employee did 99% of the work on our coach for a full week and he did welding, fabrication, electrical you name it. The owner is getting way up there in age and I wonder what direction HWH takes when he is no longer able to function. Most probably one of the larger rv manufacturers will purchase the business. Whatever happens I hope their customer service improves as they are a bit hard to connect with.
As for them calling you, I wouldn’t bet on it. I would check back often to see their status.

As for them calling you, I wouldn’t bet on it. I would check back often to see their status.
Good point, I’ll certainly keep that in mind.

I swear by it. Today’s drive would have been miserable without it. And it was still miserable. I’m going back to the desert.

I guess resale on my coach with AA just went up another 50k :)

As to labor. Same issue with my plane. Wanted custom paint job. RFQ sent to 9 people. 1 responded. Same exact issue. No one wants to work.

This type situation (labor issues) can accelerate a company moving forward with being acquired. I personally hope it doesn’t happen but understand if it did. Costing HWH a significant amount of money.

Could the techs at HWH make more money on unemployment than at work? I understand when the gov added like $600 a week but I think that has ended, hasn't it?
I guess this will make the business owner think about paying people what they are worth. The one tech doing everything will wear him out quickly. Hmmm, makes me wonder if they can rebuild my jacks if I have an appt.

Well I have decided to get Active Air on the coach. Seeing that it is installed in Iowa I was thinking April next year might be safe weather wise, I called to see about getting an appointment and was told they are not doing any installations due to labor issues. Jeff said they had a couple people leave and can’t find replacement employees. He said with COVID relief, people would rather get paid to stay at home.

They have a waiting list for those interested (about 20) and anticipate resuming installations in 2022. They said they would call once they are ready to resume installations.
Talk to Spartan before you do it. There was talk about a year ago where someone who installed Active Air to their coach and was told by Spartan that he voided their Warranty by doing so.

Could the techs at HWH make more money on unemployment than at work? I understand when the gov added like $600 a week but I think that has ended, hasn't it?
I guess this will make the business owner think about paying people what they are worth. The one tech doing everything will wear him out quickly. Hmmm, makes me wonder if they can rebuild my jacks if I have an appt.
Your jacks are a totally different situation. There is a crew set up to repair jacks, etc. AA is a tiny specialty service performed by a very small dedicated group.

Talk to Spartan before you do it. There was talk about a year ago where someone who installed Active Air to their coach and was told by Spartan that he voided their Warranty by doing so.
I believe that this was found to be incorrect. However, don’t quote me on that please.

Latest resources

Back