Chassis
Freightliner Cascadia 126
Engine
Cummins ISX 15/600
TOW/TOAD
ATC Trailer
Fulltimer
Yes
We have had some challenges with a room slide. After the mothership looked at it and said it was acting within “normal parameters” but replaced some wood trim that was damaged, we decided to schedule some time with the HWH factory experts in Iowa.
Arrived the night before and plugged into one of the 6 electric hookup spots they have on site.
The morning of our appointment we checked in and just a few minutes after our scheduled appointment time they called and told us which bay to pull into.
Over the next couple hours they had 4 different team members with different areas of expertise look things over and investigate. They tested not only that room slide but repeatedly checked all 4 room slides and the leveling system.
After these techs spent that time reviewing and testing they nicely told me that there was some operator error (which I was happy to receive) and showed me how to avoid the issue we were experiencing. (also said that Renegade had put the wood trim too close, not allowing enough tolerance for movement over time).
When done reviewing everything with me, they told me “no charge”.
Wow! “You just had a few different team members spend time over the past couple hours reviewing our coach. Are you sure there isn’t a charge?”
Great customer experience at HWH, and not just because they didn’t charge me. They wanted to be sure the system was working correctly and took time to be sure I knew best practices.

If anyone has a HWH system and needs service, would heartily recommend the Iowa factory service. It is now my “goto” when/if we need future service on HWH components.

Side note - last year the control board for the HWH system in our coach partially failed (buttons in the coach would not work for room slides). Instead of having to buy a brand new board for some ridiculous high cost, HWH took the board back and repaired the board. IIRC, the cost from HWH for that control board repair was around $250. Thought it was awesome that they could repair an electronic board and not just insist on a brand new replacement.

They had to swap out my pump last summer. Great service and also recomment them.

Latest resources

Back