Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I saw a photo of a Hybrid Tesla towing a camper.

They haven't figured out how to charge in motion, but at least they can take a nap while recharging.
FB_IMG_1658436445781.jpg

Most likely planned. He was very prepared.

One generator for car, and one for the rv

Most likely planned. He was very prepared.

One generator for car, and one for the rv
Wow. I didn’t see that. Still, I hope I never actually have to run a genny to charge the car. 😊.

We traded in our model 3 for a
model Y when we decided to pull a travel trailer. We got a little champion propane generator for the trailer as we dry camp a lot. The cool thing is it and the Coleman stove we use on the picnic table both fit in the subtrunk. Theoretically I guess we could use it in a charging emergency. I’m sure it would be slow though. 😊. I think it’s just a lot easier to not run out of power. 😊. Kinda cool that it all stashed away in the subtrunk though. Here’s a few pics.

EF38105C-EE14-4AC9-87D0-EC48F311A1C0.jpeg

And the sub trunk cover over them to hide them both.

993DE009-27FB-43CE-B9C2-1B87F183A4CB.jpeg

Sure been a nice combo for us. We have 14000 ish kilometres on the car since we got it 4 months ago. 12000 ish are towing. Not a single glitch.

AD8B3A22-C6CE-4DCB-AAD1-B4AA438EF957.jpeg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if those two generators running for one hour produce more pollution than a vehicle's gasoline engine produces all day. I believe Kalyfornia is in the process I banning small generators so that becomes another issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if those two generators running for one hour produce more pollution than a vehicle's gasoline engine produces all day. I believe Kalyfornia is in the process I banning small generators so that becomes another issue.
Agreed. But this is kind of a rare incident. We have been driving EV’s for over 7 years and I don’t think I have ever heard of anyone doing anything like this. Maybe in some kind of weird circumstance charging emergency. But otherwise no one would use a little genny like that to charge a car.

Cool picture though. 😊

On edit. We actually use our tesla to exercise our 3400 watt home backup genny once every couple months. Course that is only for 15 to 20 minutes once every two months. So yah, it works. Never tried it with our little propane camp generator though. I’m sure it works. It would be super slow though.
BFA13834-2405-42E1-86E5-0463647AEA76.jpeg

Latest resources

Back