RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Anyone have an LP/CO detector that goes off randomly without LP or CO present. Mine in a new Baystar does this. I have narrowed it down to changes in temperature or humidity. It often goes off when the heat pump comes on or, if the humidity is ove 45% it goes off at random. i have used a hand held sniffer and have detected no propane. It will beep 5 or 10 times then stop. Peppermint oil which I have throughout the coach does not set it off. It even goes off on the road with the dash A/C going and propane tank off. The brand is RVSafe.
There are reports of this on the internet, but I have not found a solution. Any solutions?

I had what I thought was a wayward CO / Propane detector in our Ventana. After a few what appeared to be random alarms I finally narrowed it down to a bug spray I had used inside the coach. I also recall reading these detector have a defined useful life. I don't recall if it was 5 or 10 years but I believe there are dates on the detector.

This one should be new. Brand new coach.

We had this happen several times in our 5th wheel, found out, the coach batteries were bad, installed new ones, the problem went away. There we only one bad battery with one bad cell, but it kept causing the charger to try to get them charged, which caused the 12VDC power fluctuations and that caused the detector to go off. It always happened at 1.05am.

Brand new coach, not 4 months old. Voltage seems steady. Will look for voltage drops, but haven't detected any so far.

I had this problem with a similar cause on my previous Forester. One cell bad in one battery. It was releasing hydrogen and setting off the alarm which was les than 4feet from the battery.

Latest resources

Back