Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tara Kloth

RVF Newbee
I was illegally evicted from an RV park called rainbow village of largo day before Thanksgiving my fiancee Nick lost his job end of September due to the small car dealership closing in December that he was working at they could no longer get cars from the auto auctions a friend of ours covered October's rent and we applied for covid cares a prgram run by 211 tampa bay cares we applied for that Heather the park manager said she would not sign the covid cares paperwork and my fiancee Nick found out diffrent from our case worker that the park manager Heather signed the paperwork for covid cares two days befor she had our 5th wheel towed out of the park and the tow company creations towing did not give me any paperwork when they towed it from the park they also gave me a location on automobile ave and i get to the location and i find out its at a diffrent location the guy from that company wont give us his name either and when i went to the location i. Clearwater i did not have lo g to get my possessions out that are important paperwork clothes and tools my fiancee Nick needs for work they completly ruind my whole holiday season and the tow company also left the door open on my trailer letting out 2 of my cats that i could not get out of the trailer the day that it was towed and we have been living in hotels since along with a few nights in a car that a friend lent us

Welcome to RVForums @Tara Kloth and I'm very sorry to hear of all these unfortunate circumstances. It sounds like you need to work with the local law enforcement to help straighten matters out.

If nothing else good comes of this, I hope you have learned one VERY important life lesson. Rent is the most important item in the budget. Because if you don't pay the rent EVERYTHING goes to hell. Am I right?

If you lose a good job at a car dealership because of the economy or the Corona Virus it doesn't matter what the reason. I understand it wasn't his fault but THE NEXT DAY after getting laid off or fired at the dealership your fiancee Nick should have been at Dominos Pizza getting a job delivering pizzas or at Taco Bell or SOMEWHERE getting a job so you could pay the rent! He can always get another "good" job later. But ya gotta keep that rent paid!! Everything else becomes expendable. Turn off the cable or satelite TV, no ciggerettes, no beer, no eating out, no getting your nails done. No new tattoos. NOTHING gets paid until the rent is covered. PERIOD.

I realize it sucks that the Campground kicked you out but there are laws that dictate what they can and can't do. I'm sure they followed the law. They don't want the hassle of getting sued. But on the other hand, they own a campground to make money. Period. They didn't sign up to be a welfare worker or a social worker or your daddy. They offer spaces for you to park your camper for money. You pay you stay. You don't pay you get kicked out. Simple. Your anger at the camp ground staff is misplaced. I would look at your Fiancee and ask why didn't he make sure you had a place to live? Are you sure you want to marry a guy that won't even pay the reletively inexpensive rent at a camp ground? How many times are you willing to go through this before you realize he is a bum? Do yourself a favor, get rid of the bum. You can do better than this on your own. Right?

Good luck. I hope you get your life together soon. And just so you know, I have 2 daughters in their 30's that I would give this exact same advice to if they were in this situation. So, I'm not picking on you.

Latest resources

Back