Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

denverboy777

RVF Newbee
hi, I bought a 2022 Coachman Cross Trails CB 24 foot. I paid $89,000. I am trying to estimate what I could sell the Rv for in 5 years. I understand it is about what kinda of shape it is in. I am guessing that it will have 100,000 miles on it by then and the condition would be good not excellent. Anybody have any guiding principles that I can use to make this determination? I appreciate any suggestions. Barry

I cannot see any way to predict the used RV market in five years. Look for a similar rig today and compare it to new. That may give you an idea.

Dan is 100% correct. When we purchased our 2017 Ventana (new) I accepted the fact that if we were to sell in 5 years I would take a huge hit. I simply based that on the approximate value of what 2011 and 2012 similar coaches were valued at.

However, due to covid and some other factors, I was able to get really good resale dollars just after 3 years. Couldn't have predicted that at all.

My crystal ball is no better than anyone's. There was a good idea above that Dan Frisbie had. You can check 5 year old models in NADA. If you find the unit at the price you want, worrying about a value down the road is not a workable thing. The best thing for resale is to stick with major brands people recognize.
Let me know if we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Latest resources

Back