Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I own a 1994 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 33’ with a 454 Chevrolet engine, wondering what weight toad could I pull?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SSGT Mack

RVF Newbee
I own a 1994 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 33’ with a 454 Chevrolet engine, wondering what weight toad could I pull?

Welcome to RVForums @SSGT Mack! Great to have you join us and hope others can assist you with your question.

Welcome aboard! Someone smarter than me will be along shortly to assist.

With a vintage coach, it is sometimes pretty hard to find the specs for things like towing. You should have some kind of placard attached to your coach (likely in the area of the driver seat) showing Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) and Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating (GCVWR). The most you can tow is the difference between the two.

TJ

I have g.v.w.r. And gross axle rating but not gcvwr. I am figuring I should be able to tow up to 3,500 lbs. any thoughts anyone?

According to a 1997 Georgie Boy Owners Manual (link below; see Page 6), the 1996 chassis had a GCVWR of 18,300 pounds and a GVWR of 14,800 pounds. That would allow a maximum towing capacity of a properly loaded coach of 3,500 pounds. I know this data comes from a 1996 chassis, but I don't think the chassis changed significantly between 1994 and 1994.

Here's the link:

Good luck.

TJ

According to a 1997 Georgie Boy Owners Manual (link below; see Page 6), the 1996 chassis had a GCVWR of 18,300 pounds and a GVWR of 14,800 pounds. That would allow a maximum towing capacity of a properly loaded coach of 3,500 pounds. I know this data comes from a 1996 chassis, but I don't think the chassis changed significantly between 1994 and 1994.

Here's the link:

Good luck.

TJ
Thank you this helps greatly!

Your Weight label should be a sticker in the wardrobe. per the manual link above page six top of page second Column.

Latest resources

Back