Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I really dislike the slam latches for the baggage doors.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JohninFL

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2015 GMC Canyon
Fulltimer
No
Is there another source for latches? Tiffin has a much better latch. Does not require you to wake the dead just closing baggage doors.

TIA,

John

They can be adjusted. I told Newmar they all needed to be adjusted on my last visit as they all required forceful slams to close.

they did something because now I can close all of them with a soft push.

Yes, I've had them adjusted. need it again. I just would like a quality latch system.

Yes, I've had them adjusted. need it again. I just would like a quality latch system.
I hear ya on that. Don’t have any recommendations for you unfortunately

Something that has worked for me is to apply Aerospace 303 to the door seals. Basement doors are easier to shut after application.

That is just the oddest thing. I noted that issue when I was in Nappanee a few months ago. They brought us a 4326 to look at and I was going through the storage areas. I had to slam each door at least twice. Crazy.

I have been struggling with mine as well. With 5 years of dirt and grime built up Im sure a good cleaning would help. Some of the cables also look loose.

I clean my seals with 303 a couple times a year. I also use a little bees wax on the latches. I can either slam mine or gently close them. Really no complaints in 3 years of full time use. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back