Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rv1993

RVF Regular
Hi folks, so now I'm not finding camping in CA or AZ booked. Any ideas, people rent land? BLM but no protection. It's starting to look like rv in storage live in car, no way can do 117 in phx. Thx much!

Hi folks, so now I'm not finding camping in CA or AZ booked. Any ideas, people rent land? BLM but no protection. It's starting to look like rv in storage live in car, no way can do 117 in phx. Thx much!
I can tell you are stressed. Slow down and tell us more. I take it you are in AZ I assume you are not talking about I-17 but rather temps in phx during the summer. I also assume that you have found most spaces booked? I don't know but assume working is not an issue.

Anyhow we would like to answer if we really know what you are looking for and just maybe your concerns. I full time and disperse camp(boon dock). It would be difficult to do if I needed to work. Most of the time I am at least 30 miles from a town. I stay in AZ most of the time, and can tell you there are many places to go here. If you would rather not talk about your constraints you can PM me on this site.

Hi, ty, yes I'm having some panic, I'll chill, there's time :). So yes I have called about a dozen, wht mnts, Sedona, etc, booked and pricey. I know there's a popular rd off sedona, I'd love to hear your ideas, just want to be safe, near friendly folks. Thx.

1) When do you plan to move?
2) are you in Phx?
3)Fear is greater than reality.
4) safety is not necessarily in number, but it can be.

Unless something drastic happens beyond our control, I will start moving North in March to take advantage of cooler climates. I don't mind taking someone under the wing to teach the ropes on a short time basis. In short order people learn there is nothing to fear. We live off grid(really, hookups are a four letter word to us) We call it boon docking and have the resources to live in communion with nature. As some internet adds say: What we could teach you is worth 3600.00 but we can offer it at three monthly paments of only XXX.XX and you would save a bundle!!! But alas our offer is free. The only requirement is we meet you first to determine compatibility. Why do you ask do we offer such a great deal? I would like to believe that you would "Pay it forward", and return the favor to quality like minded people that will care for the only world we were given.

P.S. we are along the Colorado river so a trip could secure your slot.

That's awfully nice of you :). The river sounds wonderful. Few things I don't know like using extra battery for lights, generator oil leak looking into. I'm dreaming of nature after loud park. I am tough, but back is iffy, so think that is where some doubt creeps in, + bought scooter out of blue too, kinda heavy, but doable. I would gladly help others, and when I sell, will give someone a good deal for their dreams.

The best start is in Gilbert down by the 202 loop. A place called SanTan solar. Look it up on the net. Last panels I bought there were 50 bucks for 250watts of used panels. That coupled with a 60watt MPPT solar controller will keep your battery up for lighting. Much better than generator for the job. LED lighting is used a bunch for boon docking. Industrial metals(Capitol metals, same place) in Tempe has 1x2 c channel that works great for mounting panel on roof.The best start for setting up I can think of. I am at the Imperial Dam rec area(BLM LTVA area. 50 bucks for two week pass). You can visit without pass but what the heck.

Ok, ty appreciate that, your suggestions and help. I going out of town for 9 days, I will catch up with you. Ty again.

Welcome @Rv1993. There are tons of campgrounds, more than you can imagine. Plenty of space, just have to search and be patient.

Latest resources

Back