Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

2BUBears

RVF Regular
I recently was forced to give up driving my Class A Diesel Pusher Coach. As a compromise we decided to purchase a new Class C. My primary concern was the lack of ground clearance and driving characteristics inherent in Class C Motorhomes. We took delivery of a 2021 Entegra Esteem 29V. Beautiful vehicle but way too close to the ground for me. I had visions of tearing the sewer pipe off on a hump in the road or turning into a steep driveway. I also experienced 2 camp grounds where the ground sewer connect was higher that the sewer dump out valve on my Motorhome. Makes it difficult to dump your tanks.
Now, my solution. Weld Tec Designs, in El Cajon California ( I have no connection to Weld Tec except that I just paid them a lot of money) has a lift kit designed especially for RV's. I had a 6" Lift installed on my Coach.
The owner swore to me it would also improve the driving characteristics, however, my main concern was ground clearance. After the install I was pleased with the new ground clearance and was surprised at the improvements to driving characteristics. The new front suspension and shocks dampened bumps in the road. The addition of caster to the front end makes the Coach want to ride much straighter down the road without having to keep 2 hands on the steering wheel. Overall ride is much smoother. Dishes, pots and pans do no rattle as much as before the lift. I initially felt some improvement when 18 wheelers passed on the left. They did not give as much a push. However, driving thru the mountains I was a little disappointed that the wind seemed to still push the Coach around a little (but not as much as before). I stopped for fuel and when I stepped out of the Coach door the wind almost knocked me over. I had no idea I had been driving is such a strong wind.
This is not a cheap fix but it is the very best improvement to ground clearance and the ride characteristics that I know of. I constantly see post on these forums asking how to improve the ride of a Class C. In my opinion you can put some bandaids here and there and get some improvement. But if you want the whole package of ground clearance and driving improvements to a Class B or Class C the Weld Tec Design Lift Kit is the way to go. If interested you can watch You Tube videos that show lifted vehicles and how the kit is installed.

If you look on YouTube.com and go to Weld Tec Design you can see a video of before and after of my Coach.
Jeremy did a video and posted it on You Tube. It is the Blue, Silver and Black Entegra Esteem.
Look in older videos and he shows a complete install of the kit.

I just installed a Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling System on my 2021 Nexus Triumph. It’s amazing but the front jacks are really close to the ground, (5 inches with the SnapPads installed), the only way to change that is to lift the RV. I’ve been watching the WeldTec videos for a while and will probably go that route in the future. Definitely a lot of money but looks like it’s worth the price. Good to hear from someone who had it done.

We had Bigfoot levelers put on ours. I would like to get out Class C lifted. How would getting a 6" life increase the driving characteristics? These things are already top heavy.

I thought the same thing so I watched several videos from WeldTec Designs. The “lift” only gives to the ground clearance. The improved driving characteristics come from the larger progressive leaf springs, better shocks (Fox), modified i-beams and the huge radius arms…as I understand it. 😉

I have now driven my Weld Tec lifted Class C Entegra Esteem over 10K miles. Gaining height clearance has been beneficial and I never worry about bottoming out when going up driveways. However, the greatest benefit has been the improvements to driving and handling characteristics. I highly recommend this lift kit and I would not hesitate to put it on any Class C motor home.

Belt & Suspenders is correct in his analysis of how the improved driving characteristics are achieved. If you want more information on this I suggest you watch several of the Weld Tec videos on You Tube. Then call Jeremy at Weld Tec and he can answer any additional questions you might have.

I have now driven my Weld Tec lifted Class C Entegra Esteem over 10K miles. Gaining height clearance has been beneficial and I never worry about bottoming out when going up driveways. However, the greatest benefit has been the improvements to driving and handling characteristics. I highly recommend this lift kit and I would not hesitate to put it on any Class C motor home.
Would you be available for a quick chat to share your experience with me? I am about to buy the Weldtec kit and wanted to talk to a real time user before making the investment. Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back