Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DylanR2004

RVF Newbee
Not sure if anyone here would know but I have a 1992 Winnebago Itasca motorhome and im trying to replace the fuel pump. Only one problem. I cant seem to find the correct fuel pump mounting bracket ive searched high and low and cant seem to find one that fits my tank. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue. And if so where to find the correct mounting bracket. Thanks

Identify the chassis and then go to a wrecking yard and look at trucks of the same make and year - you might find what you need.

Identify the chassis and then go to a wrecking yard and look at trucks of the same make and year - you might find what you need.
Yeah i thought of that and was hoping to not have to do that because im super busy with school and work im hardly ever home to work on it much less go to a junk yard and find what i need and hope the part i find isnt in just as worse condition as the one im replacing. But thanks for the input. Its greatly appreciated

Would not a '92 motor home chassis have an engine-mounted fuel pump?

Roger
If its a Chevy chassis it could be in the tank. Or on the tank. Or next to the tank. More info is needed and pics would help to really understand the problem. I can understand a pump going bad, but I dont get why a new “bracket“ is needed.

Not sure if anyone here would know but I have a 1992 Winnebago Itasca motorhome and im trying to replace the fuel pump. Only one problem. I cant seem to find the correct fuel pump mounting bracket ive searched high and low and cant seem to find one that fits my tank. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue. And if so where to find the correct mounting bracket. Thanks
I can’t help you with finding the pump but if you can’t get it, I have a suggestion. You could modify the old pump to be just a pickup toon and put an electric fuel pump inline. If all else fails and you can’t find a pump or get that one fixed. In my experience with motor homes, search the vehicle instead of the motor home. For example, if you have a Chevy chasis then search 3500 Chevy fuel pump for that year. Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back