Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Newmar designed the induction cooktop in recent model years to be used outside. How many have ever taken their induction cooktop outside for use?

I can see good reason for this as I was watching a dealer show video a year or two ago and their reason was stinky food, i.e. fish, to be cooked outside. Having recently fried Halibut indoors, which was super yummy, it super stunk! I had to do some serious ventilating, candles, essential oils machine, etc. to get back to livable! I can also see value in that it could serve in place of having to carry a griddle or grill of your liking and save basement space.

With that said, my hunch is most of us have not and will not take the induction cooktop outside. Curious of those that have done so, thought about it, or will do so.

Newmar designed the induction cooktop in recent model years to be used outside. How many have ever taken their induction cooktop outside for use?

I can see good reason for this as I was watching a dealer show video a year or two ago and their reason was stinky food, i.e. fish, to be cooked outside. Having recently fried Halibut indoors, which was super yummy, it super stunk! I had to do some serious ventilating, candles, essential oils machine, etc. to get back to livable! I can also see value in that it could serve in place of having to carry a griddle or grill of your liking and save basement space.

With that said, my hunch is most of us have not and will not take the induction cooktop outside. Curious of those that have done so, thought about it, or will do so.
I know the induction tops are not known to be super durable, so I leave mine in place, and treat it very gently. I have an electric hotplate that we use for cooking smelly things outside, like a big pot of Dungeness crab. Yummy, but never in the coach! Judy

We used ours outside for the first time this past weekend and it worked great. I did attach the legs that come with it - they just screw on and off pretty easy. Allowed our whole family to be outside where everyone was and we were barbecuing.

like a big pot of Dungeness crab
I'm going to need locations you'll be camping when these meals are cooked. I offer mobile food testing services...

We used ours outside for the first time this past weekend and it worked great. I did attach the legs that come with it - they just screw on and off pretty easy. Allowed our whole family to be outside where everyone was and we were barbecuing.
LEGS? What legs?

I agree…. legs?

The legs I got with mine are about 1.5” tall IIRC. I think I ditched them but maybe I shouldn’t have.

I think you all have a different brand from some of us elders in the 2017/18 era got.

We’re 2020, I know nothing about legs?

Latest resources

Back