• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LSG

RVF Regular
I’m looking at Prime Time tracer trailer for a new purchase

I own a 2012 and it is the best trailer I have owned however the couple that i bought it from treated it better than most. It was like new when I bought it from them. So it may not have that much to do with the trailer more the previous owner.

Ive never bought a new trailer. my sons landed in my current trailer or I wouldnt be thinking about a replacement but I want something with bunks and it doesnt.

Reading reviews on trailers of many or most makes is making me want to just give up and drag a tarp in the woods when i camp. I know the horror stories seem to find there way to the top but it really looks like most manufactures could care less if there really is a major problem. I’m a mechanic of many years and on the side I build houses from top to bottom ive done well on my used trailers purchases in fact to date Ive made money on all of them but Covid has decimated options for used trailers at a decent price. Ive been shopping for the right used one and thats even worse than the reviews on new trailers. At least here in the NW. I cant for the life of me figure out how someone can trash a 2 year old trailer as bad as they do. Some of them look like they loaned them to the zoo for misbehaving animals.

I’m not opposed to any other brands if you have any advice there as well. I want something 24 to 26 foot but total length 31 foot tops, would like dry weight to be under 6000 pounds with pop outs. And thats another issue the trailer I own now has two pop outs one in the bedroom which really is a huge improvement but it seems like theres nothing with a bunk bed in these shorter lengths out there new or used.

Thanks

Good luck on finding what you want! The way the market is ........... Well, I have seen my model trailer selling for more than I paid for it new!!! Is there any way t wait out the current bubble? Not sure when it will burst, but when it does trailers are going to be a whole lot less expensive.

I had a 2014 25 ft.Tracer Executive. I only had it one season. I loved it. The only reason I traded, was to move up to a class C, since I really wanted a A but could not figure out how to pay for it. I have had good experience with Forest River.

As for reviews, it is very rear to get an RV of any kind, at any price, that does not need things fixed used or brand new. Just the way it is. Even on the Tracer, the pull away emergency trailer brake failed on the first camping trip. We also discovered a screw or two on the leveling jacks had the head pop off. The dealer took care of both issues.

Find a dealer with a good reputation for service. It is often a balance between the best dealer and the n best price. I lean towards the best dealer, as they will be the ones to fix it when it needs it. Good luck.

No local dealers carry the Tracer Some 150 miles away show the brand but very low inventory.
im probably going to buy a new Tracer in the following week. Found three sizes I’m working prices on out of the area. I have time to pick one up now might camp close to seller a night or two make sure all is well before heading home.

i have owned five other trailers the tracer is by far the nicest to date. but that factor might just be the first owners took great care of it. Right now I can afford a new trailer and have a couple months late in the summer to spend in it. looking local prices are 25% higher on most brands any way v several dealers a days drive away saving $6000 to $9000 for two days drive is not an issue. So I’ll probably commit and buy a tracer out of the area hope I do as well with a new one as my older one.

I had a 2014 25 ft.Tracer Executive. I only had it one season. I loved it. The only reason I traded, was to move up to a class C, since I really wanted a A but could not figure out how to pay for it. I have had good experience with Forest River.

As for reviews, it is very rear to get an RV of any kind, at any price, that does not need things fixed used or brand new. Just the way it is. Even on the Tracer, the pull away emergency trailer brake failed on the first camping trip. We also discovered a screw or two on the leveling jacks had the head pop off. The dealer took care of both issues.

Find a dealer with a good reputation for service. It is often a balance between the best dealer and the n best price. I lean towards the best dealer, as they will be the ones to fix it when it needs it. Good luck.
Your advice on buying from dealer with a good rep. I was fixated on a prime time and there was not one within the state of Oregon’s Washington and no dealer even wanted to try and order one mainly because they couldn’t promise a realistic delivery date In the model I wanted.
I shopped had was willing to drive 1000 miles if the price was right. I found three within $500 of each other one dealer told me they put a two man team on the pdi and checked everything top to bottom twice. They have a great customer satisfaction rate they were 275 miles further away from the closest dealer. I let distance and a $300 lower price dictate who I bought from.

they were Johnny on the spot at wrapping up the sale. I drove 610 miles to get it stayed at a campground fifty miles from them and promptly found three issues one with the fresh water system one with the heater and a loose fender flare. Took it back the next mornin. The business owner came out and wanted to try and fix it in the spot but I was sure it was t going to be possible so I left it. The owner talked all this BS about them going straight on it Monday morning and they would get it done ASAP. well two and half weeks later I haven’t heard from them so I called. My salesman tells me the heaters fixed but the freshwater problems probably the tank but they haven’t located one nor did they have any idea when it would be fixed. I called back tried to get ahold of the owner. That’s when I found out what a crappy low budget place this was. I actually on.y got one call back a week later from there warrantee guy after I called and got prime time involved. Two days later the part was ordered and a week later it showed up. They did fix it I think. I didn’t even check it I picked it up yesterday spent $400 more on fuel blew another weekend.

I get things go wrong but it pisses me off when the customer service is so poor they have a system worked out so they just ignore you. Not one person in that dealer would even answer when I called and there automated answering service wont even prompt you to an operator. Mind you I had not called or texted them untili had no word two and half weeks later. I guarantee you called About buy a trailer you’d have someone on the line on the spot.
I can tell you my trailer would have sat there forever unless prime time hadnt stepped in.

Latest resources

Back