Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I discovered something yesterday in my pre-departure walk-around with a "belt rail" as Newmar calls it separating on the left aft of my coach. I believe this is caused by water intrusion as I look up and in the vicinity of my gutters there is separation of the silicone caulk and a perfect location for water to enter from the AC's as well as rain. I've had other places in the front area I've fixed not long ago with water coming in over the driver's side window. Simple fix and simple to check but something I could have been more diligent in finding and fixing. I'll likely stop by Newmar next year and have them reconnect this rail if I can't figure out how it's secured. But definitely need to do an inspection and some clear silicone caulking.

sidewall-1.png

I have a gap there too…

yup mine too - pass side rear. I’m on it - thanks!

I have the same gap since new. In my case, I believe, the piece was cut too long and popped out. Newmar is going to fix it when I visit them in March for some paint.

I discovered something yesterday in my pre-departure walk-around with a "belt rail" as Newmar calls it separating on the left aft of my coach. I believe this is caused by water intrusion as I look up and in the vicinity of my gutters there is separation of the silicone caulk and a perfect location for water to enter from the AC's as well as rain. I've had other places in the front area I've fixed not long ago with water coming in over the driver's side window. Simple fix and simple to check but something I could have been more diligent in finding and fixing. I'll likely stop by Newmar next year and have them reconnect this rail if I can't figure out how it's secured. But definitely need to do an inspection and some clear silicone caulking.

Man, how do you get it to shine like that?

Also how did you end up with stainless baggage door trim? I didn't think that was an option on the Ventana.

Also how did you end up with stainless baggage door trim? I didn't think that was an option on the Ventana.
I didn't think it was available either but it is. As mentioned above you can order it and install it yourself, I had Newmar do it early on. Not only does it look good but it really strengthens the bottom of the basement doors as that's such thin aluminum. I had road trash peel away the bottoms of two basement doors on my first camping trip in my coach. The cost for repair was the same as the cost for summit which I really wanted and that covered the damage areas so it worked out. Love the look. If you have chrome basement door handles I think it's a no brainer to get summit stainless trim. I also replaced the entry door handle with stainless.

View attachment 15256
Any particular kind of clear silicone caulk?

No, just clear silicone caulk. Inspect from top down so water can't get down from AC's, rain, etc. and then all areas on the sides of the coach. May have to remove old before installing new.

Latest resources

Back