Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
After replacing the halogen bulbs in my 2017 Newmar Ventana with LED's in this thread I was hooked and immediately searched about doing the same in my Chevrolet Colorado. Sure enough I learned the bulbs are H11 and 9005 for sizes and found YouTube videos on the process. It's not hard but it does have its challenges such as getting the dust covers on and off and the fact my Air Force One braking system controller is sort of in the way added to the challenges. The driver's side was the hardest due to the wiper fluid reservoir, the passenger side was a breeze other than getting the push pins back in to the molding you have to pull out of the way. Passenger side is about 15 minute job, driver's side was an hour or so due to the dust covers and the LED wiring stuff. Simple swap.

I used the same brand (Fahren) I put in the motorhome. This one kit comes with all four lights:

I'm not sure if you can tell the difference in the photo below after the driver's side was done you can see the driver's side is white light, the passenger side still with halogens is yellow. I'm hoping Virginia state inspections don't have a problem with these, I'll hang on to the old assemblies regardless but also in the event this is an issue.

Simple mod, better night driving in the toad. Fun fun...

IMG_4391.JPG

Now just put a led light bar on it and you will be ready for rural roads 😃

Last night I "had to go out to dinner" so I could test the new lights. Significant difference, I was concerned people may flash lights at me thinking I had brights on but I also noticed many others also had "white" LED lights around here. The brights are crazy bright to the point you almost want to squint with the light reflecting off of speed limit signs, etc. Very pleased. I was concerned because on my Colorado the low beams seem to be reflectors not projectors which don't serve LED lights well. But they are working well. The high beams are projectors.

Follow-up: Absolutely loving the new lights in the Colorado. They make a huge difference. I didn't have to change the aim at all, they're perfect swaps.

Latest resources

Back