Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kmc58

RVF Regular
I am shopping for a new insurance for our 2019 Thor Aria Motorhome. We purchased our Motorhome new in 2020 and the dealer helped us insure it through National General. After paying over $5,000.00 (for each year) on insurance we ended up filing a claim this past July and it was pretty much denied. I've talked with NGIC about renewal and now they mention a "storage" endorsement which would benefit us since we usually only use our motorhome about 20 to 25 days a year tops! Can anyone give me some recommendations for insurance coverage? Thank you!

We insure our coach through State Farm and our current rates are about half what your rate is. I know the coverages are unlikely the same but it's something to compare.

I've got State Farm and it's $1500 per year on a value of $125,000.

I'm in IL, what state you're in makes a difference.

We insure our coach through State Farm and our current rates are about half what your rate is. I know the coverages are unlikely the same but it's something to compare.
We have been with them for 25 years and right now are short $5k on a claim we filed. FYI if this helps.

I added our trailer to our Allstate car insurance policy. I assume trailers are a lot cheaper, but I’m only paying $1300/year.

I have Auto Owners and will add a TT for $128/yr bundled for a $16.5K value. I assume it would likely be a linear extrapolation for greater value. Like so many things, location will play heavily into what you pay.

Insurance is like playing a slot machine. You never really win.

Latest resources

Back