Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
RV Insurance woes.

Most of you don’t know I was in a serious accident on June 5th 2024. I won’t go into the gory details, but I hit a low bridge and took off everything on top of my roof. I have been in negotiations with National General Insurance for almost two months.

We can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for our motor homes. And naturally we have them insured hopefully by a reputable company. When the unthinkable happens and we get into a serious accident, we say thank GOD we have insurance. I know there is always some dispute in medical insurance, but never in my wildest dreams that I think there would be a dispute in RV insurance. Your insurance company can flat out not pay or agree to the amount your chosen repair center is offering. When this happens and the amount is not agreed upon your last resort is to sue them for bad faith.

After my accident I contacted my dealership General RV of West Chester PA. They said bring me your RV and we will look at the damage. They took one look at it and said they could not fix it and that it has to go back to Tiffin. In the meantime, NGI looked at the pictures and was going to send me a check for $15K. Now I am no insurance adjuster but even I knew this was way more than $15 K worth of damage. General RV was gracious enough to store my coach underneath cover for two weeks until I could get it to Red Bay Alabama.

My coach roof had to be sealed for transport, and this was accomplished by GRV for $1000.00. Because of a health condition I had to have the coach picked up from GRV and delivered to Tiffin. This cost was $1895.00. NGI refuses to reimburse me any of these bills. They wanted to send me the check for $15K and I said no, send it to Tiffin. They were off by an additional $47,000 dollars. Communication with them has been nonexistent. The only way I heard from them is if I called and complained. After two months of negotiations going back and fourth they settled on my insurance claim with Tiffin.

Tiffin has been outstanding throughout this ordeal. I reached out to Lehigh Tiffin and he said he would take care of it. He put me in touch with his VP of Service All Bridges. Allen called me the next morning and said get your coach here and we will take care of. They also kept my coach in a bay so it was out of the weather the whole time. Also many thanks to Jason Ozbirn the insurance adjuster for Tiffin.

As of this writing, my new roof is installed, and they are working on installing all the components that go on it.

My experience with NGI has NOT been favorable. MHO if you have them for your insurance company don’t walk away….RUN!!!

HH

Last edited:
RV Insurance woes.

Most of you don’t know I was in a serious accident on June 5th 2024. I won’t go into the gory details, but I hit a low bridge and took off everything on top of my roof. I have been in negotiations with National General Insurance for almost two months.

We can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for our motor homes. And naturally we have them insured hopefully by a reputable company. When the unthinkable happens and we get into a serious accident, we say thank GOD we have insurance. I know there is always some dispute in medical insurance, but never in my wildest dreams that I think there would be a dispute in RV insurance. Your insurance company can flat out not pay or agree to the amount your chosen repair center is offering. When this happens and the amount is not agreed upon your last resort is to sue them for bad faith.

After my accident I contacted my dealership General RV of West Chester PA. They said bring me your RV and we will look at the damage. They took one look at it and said they could not fix it and that it has to go back to Tiffin. In the meantime, NGI looked at the pictures and was going to send me a check for $15K. Now I am no insurance adjuster but even I knew this was way more than $15 K worth of damage. General RV was gracious enough to store my coach underneath cover for two weeks until I could get it to Red Bay Alabama.

My coach roof had to be sealed for transport, and this was accomplished by GRV for $1000.00. Because of a health condition I had to have the coach picked up from GRV and delivered to Tiffin. This cost was $1895.00. NGI refuses to reimburse me any of these bills. They wanted to send me the check for $15K and I said no, send it to Tiffin. They were off by an additional $47,000 dollars. Communication with them has been nonexistent. The only way I heard from them is if I called and complained. After two months of negotiations going back and fourth they settled on my insurance claim with Tiffin.

Tiffin has been outstanding throughout this ordeal. I reached out to Lehigh Tiffin and he said he would take care of it. He put me in touch with his VP of Service All Bridges. Allen called me the next morning and said get your coach ere and we will take care of. They also kept my coach in a bay so it was out of the weather the whole time. Also many thanks to Jason Ozbirn the insurance adjuster for Tiffin.

As of this writing, my new roof is installed, and they are working on installing all the components that go on it.

My experience with NGI has NOT been favorable. MHO if you have them for your insurance company don’t walk away….RUN!!!

HH
Sorry to hear that you had to "negotiate" and are losing out on the cost to mitigate any additional damage resulting from the "open roof" version of your coach. Thank goodness that in the end at least they paid for the actual repair.

Hoping you have safe travels from now on.

Darrell

Thanks @Rollin Ollen . They literally put me through hell. I told NGI before they finally settled with Tiffin that I obtained legal council and asked them who he should talk to. So help me GOD I would have taken them to court and sued for bad faith.

Latest resources

Back