Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ChrisSupple

RVF Newbee
I’m currently living in my 2011 Newmar Bay Star 2901 at Myrtle Beach, SC. It has been in the upper 30’s at night. My coach has a heat pump. I set the thermostat on “AUTO” on 74 degrees at night. The temperature is comfortable in my bedroom, but it’s probably 15-20 degrees lower in the rest of the coach. I’m not bothered by the heat pump turning on/off, but I’m freaking cold when I get up to use the bathroom! I have the windshield curtains closed & all window shades pulled down. Other than a space heater in the main room, how do I keep it from getting so cold? All ideas are welcome & appreciated!

Attachments

• FE495884-4724-4110-A911-D75E1BA73F22.jpeg
    FE495884-4724-4110-A911-D75E1BA73F22.jpeg
    942.4 KB · Views: 3
The heat pumps loose their efficiency around 40F and below. You will hear it running non stop, But there will be none or very little heat produced.
That’s when we use small electric heaters or the Oasis heater diesel or electric.

I use one (or two if really cold) space heaters and don't use my oasis at night. The oasis is really loud when it comes on and when I'm unlucky enough to be parked next to someone who is using theirs all night it means a poor night of sleep for me. I won't take the chance of having mine keep someone (or myself) awake at night unless it was absolutely necessary.

Are you closing the bedroom door?
I can imagine a 15-20 degree difference with no obstruction between.

A small fan in bedroom to blow warm air forward?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back