Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tdog

RVF Newbee
Hi all, new to the forum, I hope someone can help me. Things that are plugged in are working intermittently, breakers do NOT trip. For example, the coffee pot will run, stop and then run again, same with anything else plugged in and all outlets.

Probably related somehow, but months back the central Ac would do the same thing so I just stopped using it. Any ideas? It's a 2006 Carriage Cameo 35' fifth wheel.

Welcome to RVF, @Tdog; glad to have you here, but sorry it is under these circumstances. I'm guessing that this is when you are plugged into park powe rather than using an inverter on the batteries.

I suspect that you have either a loose connection in a wire (or wires) somewhere (like the power connection cable), a failing breaker (probably the main breaker) or a failing transfer switch (if you have one). In all cases, you need to get this fixed ASAP as all the symptoms you describe bring with them the possibility of an overheating situation and potential for a fire.

Since you are asking here, I'm pretty sure you are not an electrician...but you need one! Please contact a qualified electrician with experience in working on RVs and have this problem resolved. We like our new members (and, old ones too) and would like to have them around for a long time.

Thank you for replying! I'm sure you're right, just seems so crazy to me. I think I'll try that main breaker, after that, electrician time. This is a first, iveowned campers for over 20 years and have never even heard of this one.

Thank you again.

Latest resources

Back