Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Hillman

RVF Regular
I've read through several other inverter questions on here and am still not sure, hoping someone here can help me understand this better.

We just bought a 2007 Winnebago Voyage 35l. We won't take delivery for another 2 weeks because the dealership is putting all new tires, batteries, and detailing it for us, but I was able to go up today and get several pics of the control panels and other areas so I can have a better understanding of all of the systems before we bring it home.

I noticed one control panel has an inverter switch, and I'm wondering what that powers, and when? Does that mean some of the interior is working while I'm driving, such as microwave, refrigerator, outlets? Does that stay on all the time when I'm not connected to shore or running the generator?

If there's a guide that would answer these questions, or an expert here, that would be great. I know the RV has an owners manual and a supplemental manual, but I forgot to grab them when I was up there today. I'm including a pic of my control panel and the circuit breaker panel, if that helps.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210313_174414.png
    20210313_174414.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210313_144306.png
    20210313_144306.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Hopefully you will find the paperwork with the manuals.

I'm not an electrical expert but an inverter changes the 12v that your house batteries product and converts it into 120v to run your appliances like your microwave or convection oven or residential refrigerator. Some of the things in your RV will run on 12v and some will need 120v. So if you are not plugged into the electrical post at a camp ground or running your generator, the only way to get 120v power is from your house batteries through your inverter.

This was a very basic explanation of how these systems work. If I were you I would go to YouTube and search for a video on this topic. There are some VERY good guys that produce RV videos and how-to RV videos that will make it EZ to understand.

Good luck !

The inverter on my coach does power the Residential Fridge, the TV and a couple 110V plugs. What you need to do is identify which plugs are useable with the engine cranked and inverter on and put a label on the plug....I put "Inverter" on those plugs to remind me they are useable driving down the road.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back