• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

J&Vs"New"ellAdventure

RVF Regular
Hi all,
I have coach 647 my inverter is showing fault cde 207. I have disconnected negative and positive on inverter waited 30 minutes reconnected and code comes back. Inverter may be going out. Need help.

What brand and model is the inverter?

Well I found this:
From the Xantrex Prosine 2.5 manual in the Files section:
207 Internal DC Bus voltage is low in invert mode.
Possible cause 1. Temporary condition caused by low battery voltage in conjunction with an overload condition.
Solution to above: Check if battery is OK (see error code 002, which basically says to check the batteries themselves, the cables, the connections). Disconnect AC and DC power to the Prosine. Reconnect DC and AC power after 15 minutes. If the problem persists, contact Xantrex.
Possible cause 2. Internal Fault.
Solution to above: Record the error code and contact Xantrex.

And this from the owner of an older Country Coach:
Disconnected from shore power. Started Gen and still no power (green light on inverter for shore). Disconnected all house batteries. Went so far as to turn off the mains. Disconnected the cranking batteries (should be unnecessary). Now no power to coach from anywhere. Waited 20 minutes. Put everything back together starting with the house batteries. Turned on inverter and it works like it should.

So apparently for the ”disconnect power trick” you need to kill all power getting to the inverter or that it can detect.

Is this an older Newell? Xantrex inverters have been unreliable since they moved their manufacturing to China. I would get rid of any xantrex inverter and install a good one: Victron, Magnum, or Outback. Hard to imagine how a Xantrex ended up in a Newell unless its 15 years old, in which case I’d also consoder replacing the inverter anyway. What is Newell using these days?

Well I found this:
From the Xantrex Prosine 2.5 manual in the Files section:
207 Internal DC Bus voltage is low in invert mode.
Possible cause 1. Temporary condition caused by low battery voltage in conjunction with an overload condition.
Solution to above: Check if battery is OK (see error code 002, which basically says to check the batteries themselves, the cables, the connections). Disconnect AC and DC power to the Prosine. Reconnect DC and AC power after 15 minutes. If the problem persists, contact Xantrex.
Possible cause 2. Internal Fault.
Solution to above: Record the error code and contact Xantrex.

And this from the owner of an older Country Coach:
Disconnected from shore power. Started Gen and still no power (green light on inverter for shore). Disconnected all house batteries. Went so far as to turn off the mains. Disconnected the cranking batteries (should be unnecessary). Now no power to coach from anywhere. Waited 20 minutes. Put everything back together starting with the house batteries. Turned on inverter and it works like it should.

So apparently for the ”disconnect power trick” you need to kill all power getting to the inverter or that it can detect.

Is this an older Newell? Xantrex inverters have been unreliable since they moved their manufacturing to China. I would get rid of any xantrex inverter and install a good one: Victron, Magnum, or Outback. Hard to imagine how a Xantrex ended up in a Newell unless its 15 years old, in which case I’d also consoder replacing the inverter anyway. What is Newell using these days?
Thank you for feedback i have tried dissconnecting inverter waited 30 min. Code comes back . New batteries, cable clean tight,. I guess new inverter.
My coach is a 2003, i dont know type inverter Newell is using today.
Thank you,

Thank you for feedback i have tried dissconnecting inverter waited 30 min. Code comes back . New batteries, cable clean tight,. I guess new inverter.
Thank you,
Back then Xantrex still made good equipment. But given that its now 20 years old, it has some hours on it and things have progressed a bit since then, I would look at my electrical needs and battery bank capacity and then shop the three brands I mentioned above. Victron is probably the most capable, Magnum probably the most common in better RVs and Outback more geared to the off-grid solar crowd. Since you’ll be starting fresh, I’d take a close look at what Victron has to offer. I have OE magnum stuff in my coach so I’m reluctant to scrap it all and start over, but if I were in your position, I’d gladly start fresh and design a Victron system to meet my energy use needs. I would not buy anything new from Xantrex.

Last edited:
Thank you,
you could try calling Xantrex tech support first - might be something simple which is always nice.

Thank you,
Newells have been using DUAL OUTBACKS many years and, while they're a pretty robust inverter, most of the technies prefer a VICTRON well above anything else. If I were to replace mine, I'd try everything I could to convert over, as well as switch to Lithium.

Latest resources

Back