RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Allegro Breeze
RV Length
28 BR
Hello everyone. I just purchase (2nd owner) this coach, love it's layout. I seem to have an issue with the A/C outlets when on inverter power. The only one that works is the microwave one and it's not a duplex plug. All the others in the coach and also in the basement storage (where the inverter is mounted) have no power. When the Generator is on, they do all work as normal. Is there something I am missing? Also the tv and the dvd player only work on generator. I have not plugged in to shore yet but I don't think that it will be an issue since everything works on generator.

Thanks
Roadtoad

I don't know your specific coach; is it a 30A system. If so, you may have a limited number inverter-fed outlets.

Have you checked all of the GFCI-protected outlets in the coach to see if one or more are tripped. It is common for one GFCI outlet to feed others and it being tripped will disable others connected to it.

The generator will most likely feed all the same things as shore power, so all that work on one should work on the other. Your TV and DVD player may not be on an inverter circuit.

TJ

I have checked all the "push" breakers and the GFCI at the main panel, also the GFCI resets as there are only the bath and galley that have them, all other plugs are I assume on the main panel thats' labeled GFCI. I did just check that fridge and it does work on inverter, so only that and the microwave. I was hoping that at least the bedroom plugs would be able to run two cpaps at nite when dry camping. So if I wanted to add two plugs to the circuit, or maybe all of them and just limit the use of the fridge at nite how can I do that. Hopefully not rewire the coach. I don't see anywhere that it tells me how many amps it is.

I just did some quick research and it looks like you do have 50A electric service in your coach.

Have you checked the breakers on the inverter unit itself? On a 50A inverter there are usually separate breakers for each leg, so if one is tripped you would lose half of your inverter outlets. I have had this happen on our coach.

See if you can find the breakers on the inverter unit and reset them.

TJ

There are two push style breakers and they are pushed in. Do they go bad? And is there a way to reset the inverter? BTW thankyou for a quick response! I check the manual on the inverter but it talks about the DIP switches and charging options, I don't want to mess with that without understanding it but I don't think that's the issue. As I said earlier, all of the outlets work on generator including micro and fridge, but on inverter only the fridge and micro work. No outlets. I did toggle the inverter switch that's labeled , Auto/remot...DC off...Charge only. didn't change anything but it appeared ok in its normal function of charging and D/C off. In addition there are Green, yellow, red indicator lights for "operation" and yellow is for INV. That's the only one lit. Red is Load, and Green is Line. The inverter is a TRIPP-LITE. It also has a small yellow "load sense" dial which is I think "off"

Also the model is APS2012

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't know much about Tripp-Lite inverters. It sounds like you have checked the obvious things. It may be that only the microwave and refrigerator are wired to the inverter. If that is the case, it would be difficult, but not impossible to wire other plugs into the inverter.

TJ

My guess is I would have to pull the power panel off and start tracing. Thanks for all your input!

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Tripp-Lite inverters. It sounds like you have checked the obvious things. It may be that only the microwave and refrigerator are wired to the inverter. If that is the case, it would be difficult, but not impossible to wire other plugs into the inverter.

TJ
Tripp lite call this a UPS. At 2000watts I would guess that the outlets that are connected to it may not even go threw the power center. Have you tried to trace the wire to the box yet?

Tripp lite call this a UPS. At 2000watts I would guess that the outlets that are connected to it may not even go threw the power center. Have you tried to trace the wire to the box yet?
I have not tried to trace it yet, and not sure where to start, maybe I need to pull off the panel? I wonder how I could get a schematic of the coach. My next task it to call the Tiffin service dept and ask questions.

I have not tried to trace it yet, and not sure where to start, maybe I need to pull off the panel? I wonder how I could get a schematic of the coach. My next task it to call the Tiffin service dept and ask questions.
Cable Tracker Use one of these. With no power applied. Disconnect the coach and turn off the inverter.

Latest resources

Back