Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
20210213_070529.jpg

I woke up late today. This is what I woke up to. It sure is nice to look at while it lasts but after years on a boat I think about the old saying. Yah, you know the one "red sky in the morning,Sailor..." Thinking maybe I'd better button down the hatches.

I don’t know where you are, but I like it. I look outside and see grey skies and four inches of hell no.

594637EB-983E-4ECF-B039-27D933266D87.jpeg

Well when I woke yesterday I knew we were in for a blow, just looking at the sunrise. We had red flag warnings, blowing dust warnings and it was one of the few times this year that my work table blew over.

Cruisers look for weather windows to make passages. Most are better weather forecasters than any news channel forecasters than I have ever seen. Not only do we use satellite images and barometric charts, but we look at the sky and warnings like the one I partially quoted(Thanks @Retired for completing it) I do think most knew where I was going.

Not only was I showing off our southwest skies, I was telling others how important the weather is for a safe trip. We all know that the highway system is cleared and salted in most places, but we know a day after the storm most highly traveled roads are dry and safe to travel in daylight hours. We know that bridges ice up first and clear a couple of hours after the sun is up.

I urge my friends here to consider time lines can, and should, be stretched for safety sake. Move in weather windows and don't take unnecessary chances when you don't have to.

Latest resources

Back