Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ScottDamman

RVF Newbee
Hello all, new to RVing, excited to get on the road. We have a 2010 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 36B, in between the 2 fridge vents on the drivers side slide there are small dimples. They look like dents in metal pushed from the inside, since it’s fiberglass that can’t be it. When I push on them there is no local movement. The vents seem pretty well sealed. Thoughts on what this could be? Is it the start of delam? Pics below but very hard to capture. Thanks for the help
A0DBE277-C5E1-4D6A-B5DA-C9375FE66572.jpeg

E51A90CE-1649-4A81-990E-37A1BFE301AB.jpeg

A325C2C0-6613-43B0-BD10-523FB921F610.jpeg

Yes, very hard to see, but based on your description it is delimitation. There are some YouTube videos that can give you an idea of fixing them.

Thank you for the reply, I have been searching all over for a leak path and can not come up with any spots that indicate a leak. Can anyone suggest any areas to look at? I have inspected slide roof, refrigerator vents, slide end wall to roof. Any other areas I should look at? Should I remove the fridge and inspect behind it?
Thanks for the help!

Delimitation does not mean you have a leak. It is a separation of the fiberglass from the wood backing. A failure in the glue so-to-speak. If you had a leak you would probably see it inside.

How long have they been there?
Are they dimples or bumps?
Air pockets can expand in hot weather. An air pocket can be a defect during manufacture.
delamination due to water damage is seldom the glass separating from the plywood. It is more often the plywood itself delaminating.

Finding water damage is unlikely from the inside of the coach. Most of the time it is a seam(window, splice, compartment door) or similar that allows water in from outside the coach.

If there is no flex in the panel I would not worry about it.

How long have they been there?
Are they dimples or bumps?
Air pockets can expand in hot weather. An air pocket can be a defect during manufacture.
delamination due to water damage is seldom the glass separating from the plywood. It is more often the plywood itself delaminating.

Finding water damage is unlikely from the inside of the coach. Most of the time it is a seam(window, splice, compartment door) or similar that allows water in from outside the coach.

If there is no flex in the panel I would not worry about it.
Unsure of how long the previous owner never noticed them.
They are bumps pushing outward.

I had to remove a window to deal with moisture between the glass panes. Upon inspection the side walls are not plywood they seem to be some type of plastic. Does anyone know the specific construction used in 2010 Fleetwood Bounder diesel? Without a wood layer to delaminateany thoughts on what might cause these bumps? Thinking I may call Fleetwood.

the bumps don’t seem to affect the performance of the wall just aesthetics I just want to make sure to prevent further damage.
Thanks for the help

Latest resources

Back