Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Is there an Ignore feature for threads?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RandyB

Retired
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
I've used the ignore feature to not see posts from a particular member.

However, sometimes there is an entire thread that might be found offensive, combative and or undesirable. Is there a way to ignore and not see an entire thread? If not, could there? Similar to ignoring a member's post, but instead, for the entire thread.

Top of the page on right, Unwatch

sometimes there is an entire thread that might be found offensive, combative and or undesirable.
As @Joe Goodxrvn mentioned if you're getting browser or email notifications you can unwatch the thread. It will still appear in the New Posts / What's New searches. If you find a thread as described I ask that you report the post or posts which will notify the mods. If someone is feeling this way about content I want to know about it and we'll address it. There is a "Report" link button on the lower left of every post.

Top of the page on right, Unwatch
Maybe I’m missing it, but unwatch only appears if you’ve selected it to watch. In the case I am interested in is this:
You’re viewing the listings of all new posts. You peruse by title and choose which thread you’d like to read. Sometimes, I come across a title that already is slanting in a direction I don’t even want to read. Or the scenario that I do choose it and don’t ever want to go there again. I’d rather click a button to ignore that entire thread and move on.

Just don’t click on it? I totally understand wanting to avoid subjects, politics and religion come to mind but you can’t avoid all the offensive stuff all of the time. Just scroll past it. But like Neal said if anyone is out of line definitely report it. It’s the quickest way to weed out the unnecessary drama.

You're only going to be subscribed to a thread if you reply to it and you've set your preferences as such, which I recommend you do leave on. You won't see unwatch unless you are watching (subscribed) to a thread such as having participated in it. There is no ignore thread option that I know of. I'll have to investigate with the forum vendor and request such a feature if I can't find a way to offer it.

I've used the ignore feature to not see posts from a particular member.

However, sometimes there is an entire thread that might be found offensive, combative and or undesirable. Is there a way to ignore and not see an entire thread? If not, could there? Similar to ignoring a member's post, but instead, for the entire thread.
I installed an add-on to add the functionality. You can ignore forums and threads now.

I am going to test it on this thread:)

Can you hear me now?

Latest resources

Back