Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
2022 F.R. Wildcat 5th wheel. Obvious newbies.
Pulled into south Louisiana yesterday afternoon. Park has a lot of trees. When parked we leave the bathroom vent open, not sure why we just do, and keep bathroom door closed. When we woke up this morning there was condensation all over the bathroom ceiling and some on the hall just outside the bathroom.
This can’t be good.

When you let the outdoor in, you're going to get the outdoor conditions inside. Must have been "humid" that night. It's just water, so no big deal IMHO. But to avoid that in the future simply close the vent. Leave the bathroom door open to dissipate the moist air. Seriously though, I wouldn't fret about this...you'll have other "stuff" to worry about later on...just part of the adventure! Blessings

If you want to leave the vent open, turn the fan on. I assume the vent has a fan.

On nice weather nights, we often leave our 1/2 bath vent open with the exhaust fan on low. It just seems to keep air moving around. Hot nights, AC baby!
Ken

I open BR vents when using facilities or taking shower. Rest of the time we use installed HVAC system.
After having coach shut in for a few weeks (between uses) I will open all three and run fans on high to move air around and clear the "stale" air out. I'm not sure what Stale air is, but DW is sure it is present when we return from a camping hiatus so I support her requests to ventilate. Takes me back to my submarine roots.....

Latest resources

Back