Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I woke up noticing the aft zone (zone 2) was a little cool and the furnace was constantly running. I have been using the heat pump the past few days so this was new and concerning. I figured maybe it was too cold out and the electric elements just weren't keeping up. As I got out of bed heading to the front I noticed a red light, the zone fault. Zone 1 furnace is fine, hot water is fine, zone 2 furnace triggers the fault.

Now having "logged" this issue for the gang, I'll dig into the troubleshooting manual now to see what I can determine.

Red light on HEAT LOOP 2

IMG_2919.jpg

Replace the pump. In the meantime, you can flip the switch on top of the silver box but turn it off anytime its not needed. The pumps are located on the backside of the Oasis unit. Crawl in form the passenger side on your belly, remove the partition/wall then remove the rear cover from the Oasis. There are some youtube videos on how to replace the pump - which ain't cheap.

I'm going to replace the 10A fuse first in the dist unit, that will likely blow again but it's the first triage step. Good tips on replacing the pump from the back side. I have a spare pump. Question is WHICH pump of the 3 is bad?

As I recall, its the one on the far left. You might try tapping on the pump with the screwdriver handle.

Tap the check valve, not the pump.

Fuse didn't look blown, replaced, no change (as expected).

Not critical as it's not a required item (Zone 2 furnace). Will look at replacing the pump probably at the next stop.

Loop 2 pump appears to be mid height in the unit, aft side.

I think I'll actually NOT replace this pump with my spare until I get home as I'll hold the spare in case another pump goes and I lose hot water, more critical. 3 weeks left on this journey.

I have 3 zones so 3 pumps.

Latest resources

Back