RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Palazzo
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Anyone have any experience with the “snap pad“ jack pads? I appreciate all comments. Thanks for your time and thoughts.

I have them on my Newmar Ventana. What kind of RV do you have? Consider completing your profile including your RV details by clicking here.

I have them on my Newmar Ventana. What kind of RV do you have? Consider completing your profile including your RV details by clicking here.
Thanks Neal for the reply and advice on the profile update. Did your snap pads install well and are you seeing true benefits leveling your motorhome? Thanks

They installed as advertised, no issues at all. I do have a conflict where the snap pads do make contact with the chassis which I wasn't expecting, I thought they would clear everything per snappads but that's not the case. Fortunately it hasn't been an issue. They seem to work well, I'm on the fence as to whether I'd do it again. I do still carry jack pads with me which I never use now. I'm undecided for a future coach if these would be done.

I have them as well. No problems clearing chassis. Used to carry pads as well. No more. Had bent a foot on past rig. Now don’t worry about it at all. One less thing to carry, worry about.

We have them. They installed as advertised. The primary reason we got them is some of the places we frequent with our MH requires a pad between your Jack's and the pavement. These made this really simple. I still carry the jack blocks I had for places that I need some more height or more surface area, but they don't get used nearly as often.

Great information from all. Thank you so much. I am going to purchase a set.

I installed Snap Pads on my 2006 Holiday Rambler. They work great! No clearance issues at all. I would buy them again.

I do not have Snap Pads and in the three years that I’ve had the coach, I cannot recall an instance when pads were required.

I used to use 2”x12” boards, but they eventually broke in half. I built new pads out of 2x4’s sandwiched between plywood.

I typically only use my wood pads if I need some extra height or if the ground is somewhat soft and I want to spread the weight a bit more than the built in jack pad. My home made pads are 14”x14” and approximately 2.5” high.

On thing I have used for years is ramps for the wheels. It just bad for the MH for the wheels to be off the ground, especially the rear wheels, because in MH's most of the parking brakes are on those rear wheels. I bought some years ago for the other MH, as it really needed the help. But Cannot find that brand to recommend here. I would not carry wood, too heavy, and splinters (no matter how much you sand them). The ones I have are light, and hold I think 15K per each. I also just got my snap pads (left last set of jack pads in RV park, just forgot they were out), and have wanted something. Going to install them one day soon. We got spot of cold WX coming, so may have to winterize MH and that would be good time to do that project as well. Just cannot get up the inclination to go anyplace now.

Latest resources

Back