Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
15* and I'm trying to get the leveling jacks to come up. The two front ones came right up, the ones in the back are not budging. Should have brought them up last night but that's all hindsight at this point. I've got the engine running in hopes of warming things up but I'm not sure that's having any affect. Any suggestions?

OK, got it. Rocky start but we're off!

Glad you got them up, safe travels.

Is your passenger slide in?

Ah great. The next guest at the last CG can use them now.

So, what did you do?
They were frozen to the ground. It's been dreadfully cold the last few days. Started off with 4" of snow and then went straight to ice. Motor homing in seriously cold weather is tough.

We had planned to leave at 8:00am EST, but didn't get on the road until 10:30. That got us in Pensacola 9 hours later and had to back into an unknown slip in the dark. Tired, tensions running high, grrr.... But hell, we're here now and I've got most everything setup and functional. Tomorrow I"ll go out and make it all look neat and organized.

They were frozen to the ground. It's been dreadfully cold the last few days. Started off with 4" of snow and then went straight to ice. Motor homing in seriously cold weather is tough.
Here's a trick I have used successfully to keep the parked snowplow blade skid pads from sticking to the frozen ground. I put some folded plastic grocery bags on the ground under the pads (similar in concept to motorhome jack pads) before I lower them. The pads generally won't stick to the plastic, but if they should, the multiple layers of thin plastic will separate and, if necessary, can easily be torn away.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back