Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Left Franklin NC yesterday morning and drove over to Pigeon Forge TN. If you've never made this trip, let me tell you, it has it's moments. US 441S curves its way up/down through the mountains, providing wonderful views and thrilling moments while navigating a 40' motor home with Jeep in tow The road is all of 8' wide and has curves so tight that I swear there were times I could look in the side window of my toad.

There are several tunnels to go through and it seemed my eyes didn't adjust to the darkness until I was almost out the other side. Inches separate you from the cars coming the other way, and I said a little prayer of thanks when I found myself dropped off on the streets of Pigeon Forge.

We are here for the Jeep Invasion, which is the weekend when thousands of Jeep's descend on the small town of Pigeon Forge. The LeConte Center is host to Jeep aftermarket vendors and the streets are filled with both stock as well as modified Jeeps of every year. We found our spot at Camp Rivers Landing and squeezed into our space. It's tight but we're not spending a lot of time around the coach anyway, so it's OK.

Time for a shower and something to eat, and then we're off to have some fun!

This is where we are staying. Man, it is tight in here. There is only a couple of feet between the neighbors septic hookup and our picnic table. But, there is good access to everything in Pigeon Forge so that's what their selling.

On Friday night they're shutting the entrance down for 3 hrs and everyone at the park is invited to free burgers and beer at the pavilion. That should be fun.

DSCN1368.JPG

DSCN1369.JPG

close neighbor.png

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. I’ve seen way worse! Now go have some fun and bring back pictures of cool Jeeps!

Looks fine to me. I’ve seen way worse! Now go have some fun and bring back pictures of cool Jeeps!
Well come on over @MapNerd, I'm sure we can cram you in between me and the 5th wheel next door! :)

I don’t get too worried about septic that close, it’s the fire pits that worry me.

But the Jeep event sounds like a great time! Enjoy the burgers and brews.

I don’t get too worried about septic that close, it’s the fire pits that worry me.

But the Jeep event sounds like a great time! Enjoy the burgers and brews.
Yeah, I get it. But when you have to sit in your neighbors lot to watch your own outdoor TV, then their just to damn close. :)

Jeeps. I love Jeeps! If we weren't on the West Coast, we would love to be there. Have a great time.

Here's a couple pics from the Jeep Invasion today. I took a bunch of pics but it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the RV park for me to upload them now. So I'll upload them to my Google account when I get home next week.

DSCN1392.JPG

DSCN1405.JPG

DSCN1438.JPG

DSCN1445.JPG

Man, maybe I need to get a Gladiator in light of all of the concern about flat towing an F-150. Can anyone give me a shot of the rear cab? How much room is back there?

Man, maybe I need to get a Gladiator in light of all of the concern about flat towing an F-150. Can anyone give me a shot of the rear cab? How much room is back there?
I have a molle bag hanging behind driver's seat and a first aid kit on the floor. Both the wife and I like our seats back pretty far, even though we ar both 5'8". Not as much as the old crew cab PU, but 3 grandkids have never complained. 2 are full sized humans now!
20200821_123922.jpg

Latest resources

Back