Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Adeakins

RVF Regular
My wife and I decided that being in one place was not as interesting as we would want life to be, so - long story made short - we sold our mountain home l, bought a 2018 Keystone Montana 3791RL and a 2020 F350 with the new 7.3 gas engine. We are thinking of using Western NC as our “home base” but not necessarily the place in WNC. From there, we want to visit western states then north central and the northeast largely in search of interesting people, good food and scenery. Want to travel Canada some once they let us back in. This is our 3rd RV and 2nd 5th Wheel. It is - at 41’ and 5 slides - the largest RV we have owned. I’m still very much on a learning curve with regard to parking this beast and navigating narrow passages. Otherwise, life is good and hopefully improved shills will come with practice. Finding RV parks that take large rigs and offer full ‘hooks’ is sometimes a challenge. Our plan as it it stands now is to find pick an area of the country we want to explore, go there and park around in two ~ four week increments. Return to WNC for the summer months, and ready ourselves for the next adventure. We are “domiciled” in NC, so we have to get the truck inspected every year in order to renew our tag. NC has us on a leash in that regard. So, all that said, any advice, suggestions and / or wisdom anyone can share that would help us stay rubber-side down and pointed in the right direction in our pursuit of 70-degree temperatures and memorable vistas will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome from Georgia!

Welcome to RVForums @Adeakins. Great to have you join the group.

Welcome to RVF, @Adeakins; glad to have you here with us. We have some other North Carolina folks on the forum and, I'm sure, they'll be along to offer some thoughts.

My only exposure your fair state goes back a ways when I went through the Army Special Warfare Center in Fort Bragg. And, yes, it was after the Army started using Jeeps instead of horses; but just barely. :ROFLMAO: NC is truly a beautiful state from what I remember.

TJ

Welcome @Adeakins, sounds like an exciting time in your life. Not sure if there are other reasons like family to keep you returning NC but there are options for vehicle registration without the requirement to return for inspections.

Welcome @Adeakins, I am in Franklin, NC. Glad to have you on board with us!

Welcome @Adeakins, sounds like an exciting time in your life. Not sure if there are other reasons like family to keep you returning NC but there are options for vehicle registration without the requirement to return for inspections.
I was not aware. We plan to retain WNC as our home. I just didn’t like having to come back on a specific date just to get my new tag. So, how does one avoid having to do that?

We are in Franklin as well.
lol, small world isn't it? :) I'm out by Standing Indian Campground. I own the 50 acres next door to Tom England. I reference Tom as he was the game warden in Macon County for a good many years before he retired. It seems like everyone knows him, so I generally tell them I'm next door to Tom and they know exactly where I'm at.

I know who Tom is. I lived in Otto until we decided to take up RV life. We are currently parked at Cullasaja RV park on Highlands Road. I looked at staying at the Pines park near you but my rig would be difficult to park there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back