RV Length
27' 4"
Chassis
2 axles
TOW/TOAD
2005 Toyota Tundra with Tow Package
Fulltimer
No
Looking to buy a new trailer. I've been looking online for quite a bit, & my husband & I have looked at a couple of trailers in person. We really like a Keystone Passport & are off tomorrow to take a look at a Dutchmen Aspen Trail. I'm a little nervous especially with the Keystone as I've heard customer service is poor, and even somewhat with Dutchmen. Apparently the brands are under the same ownership (Thor?). Any thoughts or feedback? Thanks in advance!

Customer service is always an issue in any industry. Remember, the negative voices are generally louder than the positive voices. Not many people take time to put good reviews on a dealer or company website. Often times, people can't run fast enough to post something negative.
Also, when it comes to service after the sale, most of your interaction will be with the dealer. A good dealer can help and a bad dealer, even with a great product, can compound issues.
Let me know if we can help with anything. We do loans and service contracts.
Thank you,
Ken

I completely agree with Jireh. When your at the dealer looking at an RV, that's only part of the process. You also need to talk with the service people because that is who you will deal with after the sale. I bought my first 2 RV's at one of the biggest dealers in Illinois and the sales process was great, but it turned out their service was horrible. I left them after the service technician told me he couldn't figure out a problem and later I found out he was a farmer just trying to make some extra money. He had no formal training and had no idea what he was doing but yet that was the 'technician' assigned to my camper. Buyer beware!

Good to know; thanks Jireh & Matt!

We purchased the Dutchmen today and will pick it up Tuesday. It's pretty much a done deal now, so hopefully we made the right decision!

Latest resources

Back