RV Make
Highland Ridge
RV Model
Mesa Ridge Light 29RL
RV Length
29'
Fulltimer
No
Hi all, new to the forum. I have a 2019 Mesa Ridge Light 29RL and the kitchen slide is starting to get harder to bring in & out, the right side sounds like something is stuck under it and it chatters and groans. I was guessing the roller on that side (under the fridge) was frozen or bearings out. The RV dealer said he would have to take the whole slide out just to change the roller and couldn't give me a labor estimate. Anyone had the same issue and is this something I can change myself? I'm pretty handy.

This is the exact reason I'm looking for a decent deal on something with no slides. Do some YouTube searching, there's lots of vids about working on slides, some of them are amazingly simple, others are a real cluster.

This is the exact reason I'm looking for a decent deal on something with no slides. Do some YouTube searching, there's lots of vids about working on slides, some of them are amazingly simple, others are a real cluster.
Thanks, yeah, I've been looking. I'm assuming it's a Norco/Bal accu-slide system since that seems to be the most popular.

thats a pretty new unit to have a roller shot, I assume its a cable slide? One my last 5th wheel it had 1 cable slide and I had pretty much the same, groaning and chucking, we had a pulley bracket break loose from the wall and cable break, I took the woodwork down and re-fastened the bracket with bigger lag screws and bought the cable kit, plus a spare and the crimping tool, replaced cable and good to go, took about 3 beers time to complete

Thanks, that could very well be it as the left side tries to continue going out. If I push on it while holding the out button, it will eventually go out and if I pull on it when bringing it in, it will slowly come in. I'll pull the woodwork this weekend.

Is it a cable slide or Schwintek slide?

I'm not sure, going to take the trim off this weekend. I'll post some pics then.

Is it a cable slide or Schwintek slide?
The manual says it is a Norco cable system, but when I took the trim off, there are no cables. I looked online at the Schwintek system and mine has 2 of these rails on either side of the kitchen slide. One at the top and one at the bottom. The bottom right is the one that is making the noise and chatter.

Attachments

• Schwintek slide.jpg
    Schwintek slide.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 4
thats a Schwintek system, I had those on my last 5th wheel, never had a problem so I have no maintenance experience with them, are they loose?

thats a Schwintek system, I had those on my last 5th wheel, never had a problem so I have no maintenance experience with them, are they loose?
The rails are not. The right side starting groaning and sounding like there was something stuck under it the last couple of trips out last season, but I ran it out and looked under the bottom seal, but didn't see anything. I'm going to try and sync the motors based on a YT video I saw this morning and see if that will help.

Latest resources

Back