Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Yachtngirl

RVF Newbee
I bought a 2003 Holiday Rambler on the advice of my father that had one in the 80s. I now work at parks on Long Island and this year I’m moving to Tennessee in hopes to work at the GSNP while I go to school for Nursing. I’m finding the Gatlinburg area is a little hard to find housing so I’m thinking about taking my camper the distance. It gives me such great anxiety.

I bought the camper from an older couple who had pride of ownership. They were to the point they couldn’t travel much anymore as it sat in their yard for 2 years before I bought it. The elderly man was in such poor health he could not tell us anything about the camper. The 30 miles home scared the death out of me. My boyfriend had a 350 and the trailer had a Hensley hitch. The trailer owned us! We dogged down the bolts making it better. I don’t take it more that 5 miles a few times a year. This last time the trailer was so nose heavy we looked like a V going down the road. I was happy to get it to storage, winterize it and forget about it for awhile.
I love my camper! You could say I’m a Happy Camper. I’m going to the Florida RV show this weekend to get educated. I wish I had time to sit around bonfires to ask questions rather than work. I will get this just learning and it will come with experience.
So if you have suggestions how to seek out info I greatly appreciate it!l

Attachments

• A5E683B7-AD42-4BF2-A917-EE1D647F339A.jpeg
    A5E683B7-AD42-4BF2-A917-EE1D647F339A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 4C630720-9F3C-4709-B52B-B88BBD303BFD.jpeg
    4C630720-9F3C-4709-B52B-B88BBD303BFD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Welcome from Georgia! Do yourself a favor and go to YouTube. There are a million videos about RV's on there. You pick a subject and then watch the videos. Also feel free to ask any questions you may have right here. We'll be glad to help.

Welcome @Yachtngirl to the forum, learning is half the fun of RVing.

Welcome to the group. You have a nice looking trailer. Gatlinburg is a very touristy place and housing will be a choir. In my consulting business I too lived in my travel trailer and enjoyed it very much. I am not sure where your nursing school is, but I would try and find locations away from the tourist sites as much as possible. Nice thing about living in a trailer, if you find a better place once your there, it's not much of a problem to move.

NOTE: If your truck/trailer are sagging, then tighten the links to the torsion bars until the truck and trailer sit level.
Here is a video of a common setup: How to Set Up a Weight Distribution Hitch - YouTube
\

I bought a 2003 Holiday Rambler on the advice of my father that had one in the 80s. I now work at parks on Long Island and this year I’m moving to Tennessee in hopes to work at the GSNP while I go to school for Nursing. I’m finding the Gatlinburg area is a little hard to find housing so I’m thinking about taking my camper the distance. It gives me such great anxiety.

I bought the camper from an older couple who had pride of ownership. They were to the point they couldn’t travel much anymore as it sat in their yard for 2 years before I bought it. The elderly man was in such poor health he could not tell us anything about the camper. The 30 miles home scared the death out of me. My boyfriend had a 350 and the trailer had a Hensley hitch. The trailer owned us! We dogged down the bolts making it better. I don’t take it more that 5 miles a few times a year. This last time the trailer was so nose heavy we looked like a V going down the road. I was happy to get it to storage, winterize it and forget about it for awhile.
I love my camper! You could say I’m a Happy Camper. I’m going to the Florida RV show this weekend to get educated. I wish I had time to sit around bonfires to ask questions rather than work. I will get this just learning and it will come with experience.
So if you have suggestions how to seek out info I greatly appreciate it!l
follow Drivin and vibin on youtube. They are very informative. "drivin and vibin" = "less time, more info".

Latest resources

Back