Forest River
RV Model
Palomino Puma unleashed 383ss
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
F350
Fulltimer
Yes
So, sitting in northern Arkansas I now have my truck plates. Turns out the RV dmv stuff was up to me. Every vehicle I've bought the dealership dealt with the dmv. I guess I was really excited when I paid for my RV because I can't remember them saying that I had to turn in the paperwork. My fault.

However when upgrading the RVs insurance I discovered that the plates expire a lot more sooner than a car. And now I'm waiting on paperwork in the mail.

Oregon says expired registration and whatnot won't be cited until at least April 30th. Mailing in the forms for the plates can take up to 19wks(!!!!).

Has anyone had to deal with driving on late/expired plates due to covid-19?

I drive all summer with expired temp registration. DMV was closed and I was out of the state all summer.

I drive all summer with expired temp registration. DMV was closed and I was out of the state all summer.
Did you ever get pulled over? I screenshot a letter from Oregon dmv stating the covid-19 stuff but I'm more worried about where I should get grounded if they don't extend the date before I get my plates.

Went through the same deal on two vehicles. No issues, but hung the big paper tags they sent in the vback window. Then got the regular papers for the NH snd toad - decided to go to the dms office and take care of it. Piece of cake. Although, the air dmv prefers you nake an appt during the pandemic.

The distraction is the RV. You are in a group that is seen as responsible. Will they even look to see if you even have plates?

I put my plates on from previous MH - no longer valid, but I did not get stopped through 7 states. I had all of the papers to show ownership and, even the filled out registration form as well as the expired temp plates. DMV was closed in the state where I purchased it and my home state. It could not even been done online, so I did not cancel my travel plans.

DMV should be open now. Can you go in person?

I put my plates on from previous MH - no longer valid, but I did not get stopped through 7 states. I had all of the papers to show ownership and, even the filled out registration form as well as the expired temp plates. DMV was closed in the state where I purchased it and my home state. It could not even been done online, so I did not cancel my travel plans.

DMV should be open now. Can you go in person?
Oregon won't even allow appointments for new vehicle registration. I thought about leaving the rv here and hot tailing it back (would only take 3 days without the RV). I just sent my paperwork in. My truck finally has it's plates. Just nervous.

Might be the timing of things, as the local DMV here, in Prineville, accepts in person business, as I was there renewing tags on a couple pf vehicle several weeks ago.

Might be the timing of things, as the local DMV here, in Prineville, accepts in person business, as I was there renewing tags on a couple pf vehicle several weeks ago.
All I could do was check the dmv website. I'll call Prineville and see. I have an aunt who lives in Prineville. Good excuse to stop in.

Latest resources

Back