Adventurer
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy P30
Engine
454 Vortac
Fulltimer
Yes
So I’ve been wrestling with rusted transmission cooler llines, since summer, I’ve done the hose 2 clamp method and it’s held up well, I was sure to use cooler line rated hose only. The last fix I did about a week ago didn’t hold too well, today I noticed it was a minor leak, but enough for concern, so I thought it might be the clamp was too tight and punctured the hose, I replaced the hose with one a bit longer, put on the clamps on and too my surprise it was leaking more, so loosened the clamp and inserted it further in and tightened it back up, now it’s leaking profusely, I can’t figure it out the clamps aren’t on too tight but too loose and I can’t see any sign of fluid leaking except from the clamped hose, of course it didn’t help I was trying to do it in the pouring rain, any idea what could be causing it to leak so much?

Was it leaking further up and running down the steel line to the clamp? Dark up under there.

Was it leaking further up and running down the steel line to the clamp? Dark up under there.
No, the rain let up and I was able to check it and it turns out the clamp wasn’t in the right spot, I moved it, tightened it up and no more leak, for now anyway 😊

Latest resources

Back