5th wheel
RV Model
Montana High Country
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ram DRW
Fulltimer
Yes
My toilet won’t hold water it slowly drains. Any suggestions on a simple fix.
Thanks in advance for your time.

My toilet won’t hold water it slowly drains. Any suggestions on a simple fix.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Depending on the brand and model, you'll likely need to replace the black rubber gasket at the bottom where the flapper opens into the drop. Also, make sure the flapper is clean.

All of this is best done if one removes the toilet, usually one water line and 2 floor bolts. Then sit it on a work surface with good lighting to see, clean, and replace parts. Very inexpensive repair. You might get a spare water valve while you are ordering parts. You may want to wear a face mask or face shield and vinyl gloves when working on such. Be sure to clean all tools and surfaces when you finish.

Depending on the brand and model, you'll likely need to replace the black rubber gasket at the bottom where the flapper opens into the drop. Also, make sure the flapper is clean.

All of this is best done if one removes the toilet, usually one water line and 2 floor bolts. Then sit it on a work surface with good lighting to see, clean, and replace parts. Very inexpensive repair. You might get a spare water valve while you are ordering parts. You may want to wear a face mask or face shield and vinyl gloves when working on such. Be sure to clean all tools and surfaces when you finish.
Thanks I appreciate your time ?.

Latest resources

Back