RV Make
Shadow Cruiser
RV Model
225RBS
RV Length
21'
Fulltimer
No
How many weekend trips should we do before attempting a 2 weeker? I'm okay with the driving but totally new with camping.

One will be fine, you can also go right into the 2-weeker, we all learn as we go and get rusty when we don't go.

Welcome to RVF, @Jon; glad to have you here with us. Sounds like the fun is about to begin.

I think the camping comfort level is an individual thing. You just need to get comfortable with the basic functions you would have in a small house; heating/cooling, electric hookup, water hookup, etc. Here are a couple of suggestions to get you started.

To protect your RV, you should have a quality water pressure regulator (set at 50-55 psi) and a quality surge suppressor for the electric supply (30A or 50A as appropriate). I like the following...

...there are certainly others as well. Just be sure you buy a quality one and not just the lowest priced one.

I'd think a couple of weekend trips should have your confidence level to the point where a two-week trip would be easily doable. And, remember; we're all here to back you up if you have more questions.

TJ

feel free to take the plunge, you know 2 weeker. feel the need to shorten then shorten. want to make it longer than make it longer.

When you give up the schedule life becomes a joy and that is what it is all about.

How many weekend trips should we do before attempting a 2 weeker? I'm okay with the driving but totally new with camping.
Go for it Jon. Each day you'll find something that will make your trip easier, and you can buy it as you need it. Fun times ahead!

Jump in with both feet!! There is nothing that will happen that won't be fixable. Go have fun!

Latest resources

Back