Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sassy5445

RVF Newbee
I have a 2016 Bounder Anniversary class A. The furniture that apparently is not real leather is falling apart in strips. Fleetwood refuses to answer my questions.
About 2 yrs ago it started and is to the point it can only be covered.
Also the side view mirrors are deteriorating.
This RV is pretty much a piece of junk.
Anyone else have the same problem and can we get together and do something about making fleetwood fix this expensive disaster?

The furniture is has been an industry wide problem for quite a few years.

Newmar recovered all of my furniture at n/c when it was only 2 years old. Used the same old garbage claiming it was better. Two years later the covers are again failing. Going to have everything redone on my dime, this time with REAL Ultra Leather. 😡😡😡😡😡

Newmar recovered all of my furniture at n/c when it was only 2 years old. Used the same old garbage claiming it was better. Two years later the covers are again failing. Going to have everything redone on my dime, this time with REAL Ultra Leather. 😡😡😡😡😡
Oh no! I am scheduled to have mine done this spring. Hope they got some better stuff.

Oh no! I am scheduled to have mine done this spring. Hope they got some better stuff.
I would check with Newmar and see if you could pay to get an actual Ultra Leather upgrade. Especially if you can’t be assured that the replacement stuff is top quality.

RV manufacturers establish price points for "subsystems" such as furniture. The furniture vendors have to mee those price points or they don't get the business. As a result they don't using top tier products such as "real" Ultraleather which costs $60-80/yard or more. There are lots of other polyurethane finished fabrics plus the horrible "bonded leather" imitations. For many RV manufacturers, all that matters is that the upholstery lasts as long as the RV warranty.

That's BS J&JD, Newmar should take care of this instead of making their problem yours.

For many RV manufacturers, all that matters is that the upholstery lasts as long as the RV warranty.
Perhaps at the lower end of the RV spectrum, but Newmar has marketed itself as a (supposedly) higher quality of RV. To adopt this "we got your money so go suck eggs" policy will not serve them well with future sales.

Last edited:
I would check with Newmar and see if you could pay to get an actual Ultra Leather upgrade. Especially if you can’t be assured that the replacement stuff is top quality.
Thanks for the tip.I just sent them an e-mail. That has to be totally frustrating. It seems to be an art to keeping these things in the campground and out of the shop.

That's BS J&JD, Newmar should take care of this instead of making their problem yours.

Even if they offered to redo everything a second time, we just don’t believe they would use top grade material. We love our coach and plan on keeping it many more years so we have decided to spend the money and have it done to our specifications. Not fiscally great but it is what it is.

Just caught the same issue this evening and sent an email to Newmar. We’ll see how it goes…

Back to @sassy5445’s original question, I am afraid you are most likely going to be out of luck. Fleetwood has never been particularly great with regards to warranty but to make matters worse, you are 6 years post sale. I have heard of Newmar and Tiffin and other higher end manufacturers stepping up on units that old but never Fleetwood or Thor. I would be very surprised.

My best suggestion for you if if it’s just furniture and the RV is otherwise fine, cut your losses, visit an IKEA and make it yours. As for the mirrors, start another thread and show us some pics of what’s going on. Lots of very creative and ingenuitive folks on here.

Latest resources

Back