Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
The exterior LED strip light under the awning over the entry door went out yesterday. Any ideas where to look for the problem? I have checked all the fuse cabinets (front left side/electrical bay/1/2 bath) and can’t see anything related to this light. I checked the Newgle database and electrical drawings and don’t see anything related specifically to this LED strip light. The awning over the door works fine just not the LED strip light.

Ideas/thoughts?

Not sure where the fuse is, but you could check the power at the terminals of the switch and at least see if the problem is with the power getting to the switch or the wiring from the switch to the awning or even the led strip itself.

Thanks for your reply. I pulled the switch in the EMS cabinet yesterday to see if there was an inline fuse or if there was a loose connection. No luck. I will grab a ladder and check the wiring at the LED strip. Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I pulled the switch in the EMS cabinet yesterday to see if there was an inline fuse or if there was a loose connection. No luck. I will grab a ladder and check the wiring at the LED strip. Thanks
Did you use a multimeter to see if there was power at the switch? If there is power at the switch then the issue is with the wiring (or connecetors between the switch and the LEDs. If there no power at the switch, then the issue is probably with a few between the battery and the switch (or said wiring). This test will help you narrow down where to start searching for the issue.

Did you use a multimeter to see if there was power at the switch? If there is power at the switch then the issue is with the wiring (or connecetors between the switch and the LEDs. If there no power at the switch, then the issue is probably with a few between the battery and the switch (or said wiring). This test will help you narrow down where to start searching for the issue.
Great idea, I should have thought of that myself!! I will check for power at the switch and see if I can chase it from there. Not sure how often LED strips go out but i imagine not very often.

Latest resources

Back