Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RWC

RVF Newbee
My father-in-law often has to hitch alone at night. He has trouble seeing to align with the ball even with a backup camera. Are there any simple LED lighting solutions that you can turn on just for hitching then turn off? He just needs a little extra light without producing glare for the camera.

I use a magnetic reflector on the hitch. Easy to see and no glare

My father-in-law often has to hitch alone at night. He has trouble seeing to align with the ball even with a backup camera. Are there any simple LED lighting solutions that you can turn on just for hitching then turn off? He just needs a little extra light without producing glare for the camera.
A couple of reflective white strips forming a + on the hitch makes it very visible in the backup camera. The taillights on the vehicle are all that's needed.

For such things I often just use a small light with magnets. Current favorite that I take everywhere and use at work too is a rechargeable Saber 80340a. A second is a $19.95 Milwaukee pocket light that takes two AA batteries. I wish the Sabre took replaceable batteries, it's more aimable and has a stronger magnet. It lasts a pretty long time though. I've had a couple of cheaper lights come and go. They tend to stop working the first or second time they are dropped on concrete.

Latest resources

Back