Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bill Meyers

RVF Newbee
I'm looking to buys some of those plastic leveling blocks in order to eliminate some weight in my trailer.
I've looked at the Camco Heavy Duty Leveling Blocks, and the LYNX Levelers. The price is about the same.
Is one any better than the other? Does anybody have any preferences or experience with them?

I use the Lynx Levelers and can't give any info on the Camco levelers, but the Lynx are somewhat easy to damage on gravel. They will deform slightly, but that may be because of the weight of my trailers. You don't say if you have a motorhome or trailer, but I would seriously consider wood blocks for a motorhome.

I use the Lynx Levelers and can't give any info on the Camco levelers, but the Lynx are somewhat easy to damage on gravel. They will deform slightly, but that may be because of the weight of my trailers. You don't say if you have a motorhome or trailer, but I would seriously consider wood blocks for a motorhome.
Thanks. I have a Rockwood trailer (2703WS) Not real heavy.
I did notice in some of the pictures, the LYNX Levelers appear to be bowing under a load.

Just as an FYI, the Lynx that I have are probably at least 12 years old, so they do hold up since I don't use them every time and they still fit in the bag for them. They do last..........

I use the Andersen 3604 leveling system and I have a Level Pro also. I pull up on the blocks tell the Level Pro tells me I'm level side by side then my wife puts the bottom ducks in. Very easy and stable, they work great for me. Skipper

I switched from Camco to Lynx when I went from a 12,000 lb MH to 26,000. I use the Lynx under my levelers, stacked four high plus the cap. They hold it with no problem. I put a couple of 2x10’s under them.

Last edited:
When we began our FT journey I purchased a set of plastic leveling blocks. After about 6 months I made 6 of my own out of 2x12s. Over the last 10 years I have only repainted them once and they look great. Gave the plastic ones away.

I was wondering about blocks. Are the leveling wheel chocks the only thing I need? or do I need blocks as well? I'm planning staying at campgrounds not dry camping starting out.
TB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back