Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I treated myself to a new monitor (LG 40WP95C-W) upgrading from my prior 32" LG (of my 3 monitor setup with 2 x 27's left and right) at the home office. I really wanted to hate this monitor because it's expensive as heck but my day as a software developer is spent in front of it so it's important to enjoy the setup and have a productive setup. I am planning on taking this in the RV when I travel and using a desk arm, the same one I got for it at home. I'll remove the monitor and put it on the bed during travel.

If you use your RV for an office on wheels with different views out the office window as I do, this may interest you as well. I love this monitor, wanted to hate it and return it, but that did not happen :(

The monitor arm is nice as it has USB ports on the front of it which make it convenient, and it's cheap but sturdy. I use these typically to give me all "desk" space (dinette in the RV). I'll probably be adding blocks on the bottom side to make this work as there is a rim along the bottom side of my dinette. We'll see how it works. I'll have the stand with me as well should the arm not work well. I put my monitors in a cover when storing on the bed and also moving to/from the RV from the house.

We'll see how this works out on the upcoming travels. I'm also planning on taking my PC tower with me as well as my laptops. Just can't pass up my homebuilt monster PC.

Sounds like a really nice set-up but will take more than “museum putty” to secure it. Post some pics when its all set up. This could help a lot of folks with their mobile office, even using a “normal” monitor. I like the two monitor system, but Im sure you have the split-screen thing well under control.

Some years ago friend of mine bought one of the huge Apple monitors. Remember he complained about feeling the heat on his face. Maybe now they have better technology of building them?

Wow. That's huge!

Latest resources

Back