Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

WVJohn

RVF Newbee
Hoping that someone has had some experience with this electrical question. I have a 2021 Regency Ultra Brougham. It came with AGM batteries and a Renogy 2000w Inverter that powers some lights, the TV, and a couple of receptacles. The main things not powered are the AC and the Microwave.
I have a diesel generator.
The Power supply system is shown in attached pic where everything above the Inverter/Main breaker is only supplied by the inverter
and everything below the Transfer/Main is supplied by only shore or generator power. (the power system with converter is the WFCO WF-9580 power center)
I didn't know until today that the converter (charging system) in that power center is not ideal for Lithium batteries.

What i want to accomplish is:
1) not damage my lithium batteries (I have 3 100 amp 112v Renogy batteries hooked up in parallel) and to be able to fully charge them on shore or generator power
and for sure 2) be able to run my Air Conditioning or microwave for short periods of time on the Lithium batteries

One idea was to install the 3000w inverter in addition to the 2000w inverter and let the 3000w inverter only supply a separate sub-circuit of the Air Condition and microwave (but that is not ideal at all!)
The Renogy 3000w inverter charger has a built in transfer switch and charger so it would be nice if I could just use that system possibly by just turning OFF the circuit breaker to the "charge controller" on the WF-9580 power center.

ANY ideas would be GREATLY aprreciated!
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220324_172953.jpg
    20220324_172953.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13

Latest resources

Back