• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Lithium batteries

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’ve been searching for the same answer for my WildCat Maxx. Been doing a lot of research and it seems the answer is yes but you will only get about an 80% charge out of the current converter. But with the cost of lithium I’d love to get a definitive answer because the battery itself is at the edge of my budget.

Unless your converter has provisions internally to select lithium batteries, then about 80% charge is all that can be expected. Lithium batteries operate at a slightly higher charging voltage as opposed to FLA or AGM batteries.

In our case, the converter has a small jumper that is moved to a different position between pins to change the charging profile.

Bob

This may answer your question if you research the converter you have.
1679514430077.png

Unless your converter has provisions internally to select lithium batteries, then about 80% charge is all that can be expected. Lithium batteries operate at a slightly higher charging voltage as opposed to FLA or AGM batteries.

In our case, the converter has a small jumper that is moved to a different position between pins to change the charging profile.

Bob
So, if I understand correctly, my go pro panel will change from flooded to AGM to lithium, so if I change over to the lithium batteries all I need to do is cycle the panel to say lithium??

So, if I understand correctly, my go pro panel will change from flooded to AGM to lithium, so if I change over to the lithium batteries all I need to do is cycle the panel to say lithium??
There may be a couple other things that need to be for lithium as well. When we were researching new rigs and looking at the lithium option the battery isolation manager (BIM) was one of the items that was different as well.

Any solar was setup differently for lithium also.

Can I put lithium batteries in my Wolf Pup without doing anything to the converter?
I dropped in one of these and don't worry about battery issues. I have the Juice pack. My power converter is able to recognize lithium batteries. The battery name has changed but was reviewed by HoboTech. My wife and I are weekend campers and always use the grid.

Amazon product ASIN B084DB36KW

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back