RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Flagstaff Microlite 21DS
RV Length
22.5 feet
Greetings,
New to forum. Been camping in a travel trailer for the last 12 years. My current RV is a 2020 Flagstaff Microlite 21DS.

I spend 98% of my time boondocking in more-or-less remote locations away from other people usually next to a lake or stream where I can fish and hike. Although, I do a bit of desert camping in the winter months as well.

Generally, I can go around 6 to 7 days before needing to pump tanks. Power is provided by two 6v interstate batteries recharged by a 200 watt solar suitcase and inverter generator (when solar won't work).
IMG_20200812_183616389_HDR.jpg

Nice rig and I like your style of camping. As my rig grew in size and complexity, my camping choices were reduced and I miss the style of camping you described. I too can go a week without worrying about tanks and have plenty of solar, but my coach is generally not suited to the roads that lead to that type of campsite. I try and I do manage on occasion to find places like that to camp, but for the most part boondocking off paved roads is a thing of the past for me.

On my next trip I‘m going to leave the coach in Shelter Cove Ca (which is a fairly challenging drive itself), take the jeep and some old camping gear, and tent camp in some remote areas along the “Lost Coast”.

Cheers, welcome, and thanks for the reminder.

Rich,

Thanks. I do enjoy my style of boondocking. I, too, grab a tent and camp old school. Once a year, I pack my motorcycle and travel from California to Idaho for a camping and fishing trip. In fact, one year I went to Eureka and did a little stealth camping at a closed state park along the way.

Latest resources

Back